California-Los Angeles

Clarke Estate in Santa Fe Springs....?

My fiance and I really wanted a backyard wedding and my uncle has a decent size backyard but we didn't know to do ceremony and reception there since his backyard is fairly small.  We didn't know where we would put our guests during the switch.  So we have been looking at different venues and came across the Clarke Estate in Santa Fe Springs.  We really like it a lot the only downer is the music must be off at 10:00 p.m. no exceptions.  Our wedding would be on a Friday night and that seems kind of early to me.  I know my family and 10:00 the party is just getting started, but we don't have a lot of options.Do you think it's super early to end the night at 10:00 or is it a reasonable time?
Anniversary

Re: Clarke Estate in Santa Fe Springs....?

• edited December 2011
    I heard that the Clarke Estate is beautiful & those that have weddings there have been very happy & said that it was not a problem to end it by 10. It was on my list to go to, but for us it was important that we have the venue till midnight & also I believe you have to pick a DJ from their vendor list, so we didn't visit it. You mentioned you wanted a backyard wedding, did you also want a BYO place? If you do, then most BYO places make you leave by 10 or 11, or the ones that do let you leave at 12 cost 7-15K to rent.  What helped us find a place & decide on the right one, was making a list of things that were important to us and when looking at a place seeing how many of those things they had, having it last till 12 was one of our things on the list. Have you checked out Ambassador Campus in Pasadena? it's also outdoors, they let you stay till 11 & it's BYO, when I visited it in May the rental was 3K. good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We're using the Clarke Estate for our wedding. I think you should check it out anyways because IMO the good definitely outweighs the bad. We had to pick a DJ from their list and that worked out fine, and I think the music ending at 10:00pm is ok because they give you so long for the ceremony/reception (7 hrs). If you're on a budget, it's perfect because you can provide your own food/drinks, which saves a TON of money. It is a gorgeous location!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We're using a different venue, but it also has a 10pm cutoff for music. For us, the benefits outweighed that. We are holding our (short) ceremony at 4, so we'll still have 5.5 hours of reception. I think that will be plenty of time to celebrate with guests, but then still get to our hotel at a decent hour! I know I don't want to get back so late and exhausted that all I want to do is go to sleep. Another option that I have heard some people do is hold some sort of after-party for the younger people, after the wedding is over. At the hotel, or a bar, or something.
  • edited December 2011
    I am also having my reception at Clarke Estate. My ceremony is at 2 at a local church so we will be starting our reception around 4 or 5. I think by the time 10 rolls around people will be tired. I kinda of already see myself pooped out by 10pm so I was okay with the time. I know some of my family complained but I informed them that they will be with me from 2 through 10 and that they will also probably be tired, they kinda realized that they are celebrating with me for minimum 8 hours so they realized 10 was okay.
  • tm1827tm1827 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Candee43, Well We are using Crestmore Manor in Riverside. It's a great Location and you and get married outside and your recption all in the same venue without all the extra fuss of travel. You bring in everything but tables and chairs. Well at this location you dont have to bring all that in they provide what you need. Were getting married at 3 and staying to midnight. If you decided you would like more info drop me a line at ginwedding@yahoo.com. Best of Luck
  • edited December 2011
    Verdes, thx.  I'll have to check out the Ambassador Campus.Jacksons,  my fiance and I went this past Sunday to check it out.  It's perfect for what we are looking for.  Can't believe the price is so reasonable.  The only bummer is no Saturdays available until October.  So we'd probably end up having it on a Friday if we had it there.You make a good point 7 hours is plenty of time for everything.  You look so familiar to me.  hmm can't think of where I might have seen you.  =]Thanks for all your help.  I will probably be tired by 10:00 anyway.  I know my family will say something about it ending at 10:00 but oh, well.Thanks again for all of your help! =]
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards