California-Los Angeles

Ceremony + Cocktail Reception Help

I’m in need of a lot of help and I wanted to give theknot community a try!  To provide you with a little background about my fiance and I -- neither of us live in California.  I’m in one state and he in another.  His parents are extremely traditional and have booked a restaurant in California (where they live) for a Chinese banquet accommodating 500+ guests with a 10+ course meal.This certainly is not the wedding either of us was envisioning - and so - we were hoping to hold a much smaller wedding ceremony and cocktail reception elsewhere for only our close relatives and close friends – probably around 70-100 people.  Unfortunately, given that we need to financially back the banquet, we’re pretty low on funds for a separate ceremony and full cocktail reception … honestly, we can’t spend more than 7-8k on it.  The quotes we’ve received to date required a sit down meal and totaled to about 15k.  We’re willing to go anywhere from LA down to Dana Point – would love an evening, outdoor ambiance.

We've considered anything from a restaurant to booking a vacation rental with a backyard.  Nothing has seemed to pan out though.

Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Ceremony + Cocktail Reception Help

• czarinamaeczarinamae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try checking out the Cal State Long Beach Japanese Gardens.  They work with their own caterers but I believe that they can accomodate a cocktail reception.  Last I recall their prices were within reason.
    HTH and GL!
    Photobucket
    Sep 2011 Siggy Challenge: Flower Inspiration
    Planning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • BeeBee22BeeBee22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If his parents booked something you two don't want, why are you paying for it?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards