California-Los Angeles
Options

What is too cold for an outdoor wedding

Hi - we are getting married in Santa Clarita CA at a private residence outside. Its a beautiful setting, I am just worried about the weather. I am from the east coast, my fiance is from LA. We have not set the date yet. We are thinking either november or april. But the weather from around 10pm-midnight on those days is 55-60. is that too cold? Would heat lamps be a good idea? the ceremony starst at 4pm but the reception would go late. 

thanks for any advice in advance.

Re: What is too cold for an outdoor wedding

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, 55-60* is too cold.  Providing heat lamps is a great idea and if you have a wedding website I suggest mentioning something about the weather dropping for your east coast guests since they won't be used to that (this way they'll know to bring a jacket or sweater).  

As for the month, I would suggest April.  November and the surrounding months can get very busy travel-wise for people since you have Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    leila0915leila0915 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Would it still be too cold to be outside even with heat lamps? I've never been to a wedding where it was all outdoors, just doesn't really happen on the east coast. I just don't want the guests to be too cold, even with heat lamps.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    April days are usually pretty nice, unless you hit rain. I agree with Jagore to make sure to mention to people that they'll want to bring jackets for the evening. Plus, alcohol warms people up too. Wink hehe
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should be ok with heat lamps as long as you have enough of them and have them scattered throughout the reception area.
    Just have a back-up plan....the temperatures can definitely drop in Santa Clarita at night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards