California-Los Angeles
Options

Taco Truck??

Hi girls,
HAs anyone had experience with a taco truck, or similar type of food for a reception? We're having trouble keeping our budget in tact, and would love to use this option. Any advice?
Thanks in advance

Re: Taco Truck??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry no help in the taco truck, but have you looked at some affordable caterers? I am using East Side Marios in Lakewood they do catering for weddings and they have great prices. Maybe that can be an option for you. HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding where they had a taco truck (minus the truck part) and at first we were kinda skeptical.  But the food was cooked on site and absolutely delicious.  The wedding was in their backyard so the food fit in with the theme and whatnot.  So if you love tacos and it fits with the rest of your wedding and your budget then it's a good idea.  But like mentioned above, caterers can often times give you great deals too!

The only problem was they ran out of steak early, so my advice would be to make sure you order more meat because the tacos are small and some people will go up and get five their first time up!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We thought about doing it for an after party, but our reception is going so late that we really didn't want to spend the money. I contacted Grilled Cheese Truck originally, though. I think it's a fun idea! Border Grill Truck also does catering.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Choco82282Choco82282 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work in TV, and we've gotten a taco truck for the crew and everyone seemed to like it.  I've included the contact info in case you need it.

Taco Guys
    $850/100 ppl ?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    oh, man.  if you want to wow people, use the kogi truck.  completely awesome food, and the price is right.

kogibbq.com
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Moxi04Moxi04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! Kogi was actually our first choice, but our wedding is on a Sunday and they don't work on sundays =( the search continues! Thanks for all the leads. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards