California-Los Angeles
Options

Map Question?????

I was wondering when you put directions on your map did you write it out if a guest was traveling North, South, NW??? Is this a bit excessive with directions? I'm a bit confused, our proof right now is just showing if a guest is traveling North thats it and I'm thinking is this enough will the other guest just get the concept. FI thinks NOT everyone is direction savvy, that some people need things to be written out for THEM!!

HMMMMMMMMUndecided

Re: Map Question?????

• Options
    Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hm...I really don't remember how Christina did them. I think only from one way. I assume most guest won't even use the map thingy...most will probably mapquest it or do it on their GPS and use their own directions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would do a map and then directions from where most people are coming.  For instance if people are mostly south and east I would do  brief directions from those two areas.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought the same thing, when I don't know where the heck I'm going I would do map quest or GPS. I think most people do that!

But then you go back to how some people just don't do the internet thing or don't have GPS. Geeesh can't make everyone happy can you? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did a map and posted the directions in further detail on our wedding website.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One really awesome free tool that I came across and used a lot for my wedding events was www.weddingmapper.com. I included a map in my invites rather than directions (made it in powerpoint) so that guests could figure out how to get there no matter where they were coming from. I then referred guests to my wedding mapper site for directions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards