California-Los Angeles
Options

Beach Wedding and Reception Venue in LA or OC area

I just started planning our wedding about 2 months ago and we still cant decide on  location that's resonable. My dream has alway been something on the beach, and private. Like a resort on the beach. We looked at Shutters on the Beach in Santa Monica and we both fell in love with it! Although its going to cost is about $37,000 for about 140 guests. We would like to spend less if possible that way we can make out guest list a little bigger, since we've already cut the guest list down about 25 people for the cost. I live 4 hours away from LA so it's hard because we can't even drive places (easily anyways) so if anyone has any suggestions I am all ears :]

Re: Beach Wedding and Reception Venue in LA or OC area

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd look into the Long Beach Museum of Art. I'm sure it will be less. They have a really nice lawn that overlooks the ocean and I believe they have a gallery your guests can view during cocktail hour. The ceremony is outdoors and the reception is either outdoors or indoors.

I know they can do 140 and I'm pretty sure they can do 165. You'll just have to pay for the valet service because they have a smallish parking lot.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    akavanaghakavanagh member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the Redondo Beach Historic Library. It is a stones throw from the beach and it is a really beautiful location and reasonably priced. Also, try Los Verdes golf course. It's another place we considered and they offer really good deals for a Friday evening wedding! Hope this helps! Happy hunting!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    fets17fets17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married in Belmont Shores at La Palapa and had a great experience. You get married on the beach and then the reception is in a private upstairs area. It is beautiful and they are reasonably priced. HTH
  • Options
    RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're getting married at The Victorian, which is right down the street from Shutters. It isn't inexpensive, but less than Shutters...it overlooks the beach, the site is really beautiful, you can also use the lawn for the museum next door if you want something outdoors, and the staff is fantastic!!!!
    Another idea is to checkout a harbor cruise...www.hornblower.com ..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards