Ohio-Northeast

HELP! Reception Venue Confusion....

Hello everyone, I have spent the past few weeks trying to find the perfect location for my reception. I am thinking about 250 ppl, however I am not from the Cleveland area so there will be at least 100 ppl traveling. As of now, I am thinking about having the reception at a hotel, or making sure a hotel is less than 2 miles away and provides a shuttle service. I also would like to find a church within a short distance because of all of those that will be traveling. I live in Westlake and would like to keep it close, but I've seen other venues that I am attached to as well.

Here are my thoughts so far:
Holiday Inn, Westlake
La Centre, Westlake
DoubleTree, Independence
Airport Mariott, Cleveland

I really like nice lighting and larger rooms. The Holiday Inn would be a shoe-in if there wasn't a giant swimming pool in the middle of the lobby. 

Re: HELP! Reception Venue Confusion....

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My brother's wedding was at LaCentre (about 350 guests). The food and atmosphere were wonderful, and staff was very helpful all evening. The cocktail hour was held in their lobby and we had a banquet room for the meal and dancing and such. Very nice venue! Their ceremony was at a Macedonian orthodox church in Sheffield Lake, so that probably doesn't help you out much. What sort of church are you looking for? (What denomination? Or do you want a non-denom?)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I got married the Renaissance Hotel in downtown Cleveland.  Most of the guests, my family, groom's family, myself and hubby stayed the night before the wedding there and my husband and I stayed the night of the wedding too.  I highly recommend them.
  • edited December 2011
    I am currently a member at St. Ladislas Catholic Church in Westlake...so for LaCentre or the Holiday Inn it would be perfect!

Thanks for your ideas and I welcome more!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards