California-Los Angeles

Attention Ladies!

The new year has passed and so has the day of love (and proposals!) so I thought we should have another introduction poll.  A lot of ladies on here know who others are but there are a lot of new people on here and we'd like to get to know you too.  All ladies try to take some time and tell us a little about you, your FI, and your wedding. (I'm going to leave this up at the top for a couple of weeks so everyone sees it before it's buried in all the posts.)

1. Your name, FI's name

2. How did you and your FI meet?

3. Wedding Date 

4. What you're most excited for about your wedding

Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Attention Ladies!

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will start us out.

1. Your name, FI's name
    I'm Janeen and DH is Wes

We met our Junior year in high school in Spanish class.  I thought he was odd so I sat on the other side of the classroom, he thought I was cute and within a week he was sitting right next to me!

3. Wedding Date 
    Our wedding date was May 24, 2009

I was just excited that after 11 years of dating Wes and I would finally be married.  I couldn't wait to become his wife.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    1.  We're Randi and Tony.  I'm Randi.  He's Tony.
    2.  We met on the interwebs.  It wasn't a dating site.  Just a random videochat room.
    3.  We're getting married VERY soon, on March 13th!
    4.  I'm most excited for the actual day of - the getting ready, the photos, seeing him all hot in a tux, hearing the speeches, totally catching people off-guard with the wacky stuff we're going to do.  Also, excited to be introduced as his WIFE Randi instead of his PARTNER or SIGNIFICANT OTHER Randi because (especially in writing) it sometimes made people think I was a dude.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi everyone! 

1. I'm Marisa and he is Mark - I'll also add in our children: Moppie is our 14 year old Cocker Spaniel and Max is our 2 year old Beagle.  We come as a package deal - The 4 M's.

2. We met on Match.com.  I was one of those people who used to make fun of online dating until I signed up on a dare.  Little did I know that in just a couple of weeks I would meet my future husband! 

3. We're getting married on June 26, 2010.

4. I'm mostly excited to have all our family and friends in one place.  We are getting married at my parents house which is allowing us to keep it very intimate and personal.  It's going to be very exciting seeing the whole thing come together in the last few days!
  • edited December 2011
    1. Your name, FI's name
    I'm Jen and FI is Will.

We met in college freshman year, became best friends, and started dating our senior year. We've been together almost 5 years now!

3. Wedding Date
    June 24, 2011 in Santa Barbara. Some people think of SB as Central Cali and others as Southern California. So, I look at both the Central CA and LA local boards... Smile

I'm just really looking forward to be marrying my best friend. When we first met and became friends, I never saw him as more than a friend, but I love where our relationship has gone and where it will continue to go!
  • edited December 2011
    hi, all!

1. Your name, FI's name  my name is sarah, and my fiance is matt.  our cantankerous black housecat is itty bitty.

2. How did you and your FI meet?  we met online!  first through geek 2 geek, a dating site, then we added each other to myspace and kind of drifted apart for a year or two before reconnecting via myspace.

3. Wedding Date   11/11/11

4. What you're most excited for about your wedding   the sappy answer?  finally marrying him!  the fun answer?  the ice cream sundae bar.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    1. Your name, FI's name:  Dawn and Kelvin
    2. How did you and your FI meet?:  On my college campus back in 1993

3. Wedding Date: June 5, 2010

4. What you're most excited for about your wedding:  Becoming his wife, his life partner.  After being together for 16 years I think all of our family and friends are just excited to see this as much as we are!  We are going to have such a FUN night - I just want it to last as much as possible.
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • geal3456geal3456 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. My name is Georgianna My husbands name is Gregory.

2. We met at church in 1998. We went on a couple of dates and then didn't talk for about a year. Then we started talking again in 2000 and haven't stopped since. We got married in 2001 when I was 18 and he was 21, but never had a wedding. So next year for our 10 year anniversary we want to have a wedding ceremony 'renewing our vows'.

3. July 8/9 2011 still undecided on Friday or Saturday.

4. I am most excited about getting dressed and taking pictures. Seeing our 3 beautiful kids apart of our wedding. Six yr old daughter, 3 yr old son, and 1 yr old son. Oh and of course I want to see if my husband will cry at the altar after all these years! ;)
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Your name, FI's name
    My name is Vanessa and DH is Erick. We also have a little maltese named EB and a pomeranian named Roxy.
    We actually met in High School. We both had classes together since Junior High and didnt meet until our Senior year through his little brother which I met in Art class. I knew he was the one...I know I was young but he was my dream guy =) He also says, he always knew he'd end up marrying me.
    3. Wedding Date 
    We just got married on January 30th, 2010 @ The Castaway in Burbank.
    Besides the Flowers? hehe...Of course to become his wife, finally! To be able to say, "This is my Husband, Erick"...wow feels great!

Good luck ladies on your planning and have fun!
  • edited December 2011
    1. Your name, FI's name
    Jennifer and David

We met 8 years ago, fresh out of High School we both started working at Target and well that was it. We were friends for 2 years until David finally made the move and well we've been together ever since! Laughing

3. Wedding Date
    September 25, 2010 @ The Odyssey in Granada Hills

I'm so excited to finally say "my hubby" "my husband" "Mrs.M" and to finally start my life with the love of my life. I NEVER thought this would happen to me, seriously I just always thought I'd be with David but never did I think he would want to marry me, so excited :D
  • edited December 2011
    1. Your name, FI's name
    I'm Cristina and my fiance is Alec.
    We met freshman year of high school in North Carolina, because we had classes together...but we were not friends until junior year. He tutored me in math, and when I needed a date to a Sadie Hawkins (girls ask guys) dance, he seemed like a "safe" choice to ask as a friend- I wasn't really interested in him, but he was nice and cute. So I actually asked him out first! We had a great time and he started asking me on dates...eventually we became a couple, went to the same college, and now (almost) 9 years later, we're still together! He moved out to CA a year before me for graduate school at Caltech, but we've been living together here for 2.5 years now

3. Wedding Date 
    Friday, July 9th at The Athenaeum at Caltech

Of course finally becoming his wife- after so many years of people asking us when we were going to get married! But also showing my friends and family my new home. I love Pasadena and I can't wait for everyone close to me to come out and experience SoCal. Oh, and the mini-pies we are doing for favors. I LOVE pie.
  • Choco82282Choco82282 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Your name, FI's name
    I'm Heather, He's Patrick.

We met in college - we had to work on a semester long project together.  I had a crush on him the whole time, but didn't want to say anything.  I moved out to LA for work, he did a year later.  We reconnected in LA and started dating.

3. Wedding Date 
    May 30, 2010

I'm excited about getting our family and close friends out to LA to help us celebrate our getting married.
  • edited December 2011

1. Your name, FI's name
    My Name is Stacy, My FI is Alfonso

We met at work, but didn't start dating until he became my competitor as we like to joke.

3. Wedding Date 
    June 16, 2012 

I am most excited about spending the rest of my life with him and beginning our wonderful journey together! 
  • edited December 2011
    My name is Lindsay and my FI is Jason

We met through his sister.  One night I went out with a group of girls and half way through the night his sister told me that I just had to meet her brother bc we would be perfect together.  The rest is history!

We will be married on May 15, 2010

I'm most excited for our first dance as husband and wife and for the speeches.
  • edited December 2011
    1. Your name, FI's name
    My name is Bonnie and his name is Shane!

We met on myspace... he had friend requested me and I took a look over his page before accepting and noticed he had some pics with people I knew in them so then I felt safe that he wasn't some creep! lol He wanted to meet up a couple of times with friends, but I flaked out because I was being a chicken and then eventually one evening he wanted to meet up just him and I at a local restuarant and I said what the hell, I'm just sitting here at home. When I got to the restaurant and saw him for the first time I fell instantly in love! I'm so happy I didn't pass him up because he is my dream come true!

3. Wedding Date
    May 28, 2011

I'm excited to walk down the isle to Shane, saying our vows to each other, and then kissing my husband and living together forever!

• edited December 2011
    1. My name is Christa and my FI's name is Shaun.

2. We met in an AOL chat room 5 yrs ago when we lived in Dallas. He was in grad school and planned on coming back to LA after graduating. I thought in 5 yrs I could change his mind, but didn't work! Here I am! After some adjusting, I've decided I was glad to make the move. I couldn't imagine any other life without him.

3. The big days are May 8th and May 9th. We're doing a church wedding on May 8th and Persian wedding on May 9th. He's Persian and I'm american. Party time!

4. People call us "the little old married couple" and I can't wait to finally be that! It's corny but he's truly my soulmate. All that and I finally get to be a princess for a weekend.   :-)
  • edited December 2011
    why am i so late on this?!

1. Your name, FI's name
    Debra and Greg
    We met while working in the summer of '03. he later told me that it was his birthday wish to take me out. we had our first date 2 weeks after his birthday and have been side-by-side ever since.
    3. Wedding Date 
    april 10th, and quickly approaching
    the dress, the photobooth, my bouquet...oh! and being married, of course!
  • edited December 2011
    1. Your name, FI's name
    I'm Johanna and he's Chris.

We had crossed paths because we have mutual friends, but had never spoken until one of said mutual friends invited me to a BBQ on July 6th, 2008 (which just happened to be Chris' birthday) that he was also attending. We started talking and went out on our first date a month later.

3. Wedding Date August 21st at Verandas in Manhattan Beach

4. What you're most excited for about your wedding Getting to call him "my husband" finally. And I'm not gonna lie-the FOOD! especially the candy buffet Laughing
  • SoozanmSoozanm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Your name, FI's name : Im Susan and my FI is Andrew

2. How did you and your FI meet? We met 3 years ago on eharmony ! We emailed back and forth for about 1 month and then met. We agreed to meet for lunch, which seemed safe and easy. Lunch went well so he suggested we go walk around the Arboretum. Well it was March and you would think it would have been a nice cool day, well let me tell you it was the hottest day in the history of Pasadena for the month of March. I was sweating , he was too, it was not romantic.

3. Wedding Date: Its looking like March 2011 

4. What you're most excited for about your wedding : Im looking forward to hearing him say his vows and celebrating our love w/ our friends and family. I just want it to be a great party  !
  • edited December 2011
    1. Your name, FI's name

Antonia and Philip

We both sang in the church choir.  He offered me a coke between services one Easter morning.

3. Wedding Date 

04-17-2010

Decorating my house after the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards