California-Los Angeles
Options

OOT bags - what to include?

Hey guys! I hae a LOT of OOT guests and I really want to do welcome bags. I'm planning on including a brochure of wedding activities/local attractions/contact info, a local map, water bottles, maybe some Starbucks Via, and what else?

I'd really like to give them a local treat. I was considering See's Candies (which is sort of local, even though it's SF-based), but I can't find anything fro less than $7 online. (I was thinking a 2 or 4 piece container of chocolates - no luck.) I don't want to spend more than $2-$3 on whatever it is I find, per bag, since I'll have seriously 20-30 bags. Any ideas?
my read shelf:
Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
40/112

Photobucket

Re: OOT bags - what to include?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard In-n-out is a special California thing. I don't know if thats something you want to offer you OOT guest.

Sorry if I think of something else I'll posy but I'm like throwing blanks nowUndecided
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Originally, I had wanted to include See's, too. Or maybe a cheap bottle of wine from Trader Joe's, that is from CA. But when it came down to it, the week before the wedding, we were out of money and time.

So we just went to Costco and got treats and snacks in bulk that we thought travelers would enjoy after a cross-country flight and staying in a strange city. I know I'm always hungry for a snack after a flight, especially if it's between meal times.

For each bag (we used plain white 99 cent gift bags) we put a bag of mixed nuts, a bag or 2 of Pop Chips, 2 Nature's Valley granola bars, a bag of Annie's gummy snacks, and a handful of assorted fun size candy (snickers, milky way, etc). Also 2 water bottles. Everyone commented on how the snacks were great, and I don't think anyone cared that they weren't from CA! I think we spent $4/bag total, including the bag.

I also got Pasadena visitor's guides from the visitor center which included a map, and typed up a list of our favorite restaurants in town. I typed a welcome note, as well. Also an itinerary with contact info, for the bridal party only.

Good luck! It was a small thing but I think it made a big impression on guests.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That sounds great! I have a rough draft of a brochure with a welcome note and some of our favorite restaurants and activities. I was thinking about getting some gift bags from the dollar store, but Costco is a good idea too!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    gamingangelgamingangel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for reminding me that we should do this too! I thought it had to be a really expensive bag, so I was avoiding it, but I love your ideas, so I'm going to make something cute in designed brown paper bags. hehe
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should include a smart thank you letter, with a letter of yoru favorite places to eat, drink, bring the kids, directions, costs of each thing, websites or phone numbers of the places. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards