California-Los Angeles

Dress Question

Ok ladies...so if you remember I really LOVE the mermaid style dresses.

I asked FI what kind of dress he pictures me in and the first thing that he said was he doesnt see me in a fitted dress. I am not really into the ballgown type of dresses.

So what do you recommend?

Is there a way that I can kind of have a little bit of both?

Any suggestions?

I am sure he will love whatever it is that I have on but that just got me thinking...
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Dress Question

• Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know how you feel! DH back when he was a Fi told me the same thing. Although, I liked both styles of dresses, ball gowns and fitted dresses. So I combined them and got a dropped waist A-line dress. They look fitted and go out on the hips really nice.  I was worried of what dh would say when he saw me, so I was a bit nervous because of that. Well  he really loved it and told me it was the best choice I made. He kept complimenting me ALL day/night long! 
  • edited December 2011
    I did the same and got a dropped waist A-line dress. It fits at all the right places, but it still gives you that princessy feel cause it goes out at the bottom!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Maybe we can help you find one...do you like lace or beads?

• edited December 2011
    Well I am going to be the opinionated bride and say that you should go with what you want rather than what your FI would see for you.  With regards to decor, aesthetics and matching of colors I get veto power over everything he thinks "looks right" and usually he ends up being glad I used it.

To me, a wedding dress is an extremely personal thing--it should be an expression of who you are rather than who others would have you be.  Go with the dress that you like the most, because that dress will be the one that makes you look most beautiful.

If you want to consider a compromise, a trumpet siloutte or a ballgown that has a dropped bodice down to the hips kind of between a mermaid and a ballgown would work too.

• lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Men don't know much about dress styles......my fiance doesn't know what a drop waist, A-line, mermaid, princess style is.  Just get what tooks amazing on you and the one you feel best in.  Good Luck!
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the drop waist.  You can show off your figure and still have the A-line.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Most guys don't really understand what looks good on their lady until they see it.  I say wear what YOU want.  You will look beautiful to him regardless of what's his "taste" in dresses.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards