Ohio-Northeast

Akron/Canton Area Suggestions

Hello All! My fiance and I have been together for almost 6 years now (nearly 4 years engaged) and we are FINALLY getting married next september. I've been looking through all the vendors in the area for reception and ceremony sites and I feel a bit overwhelmed. I was wondering if anyone on here had any suggestions for reception and ceremony sites in the Akron/Canton area. We're looking for somewhere reasonably priced with a classic/elegant feel. A place that offers both the ceremony and reception site in one place would be amazing, but everywhere I've seen only offers outdoor weddings and that is a big no-no with my fiance. I would appreciate any and all suggestions :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Akron/Canton Area Suggestions

• KellyS01KellyS01 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in a church, but our reception is at La Pizzaria in Canton.  They have a new building that was just finished about 2 months ago that is really pretty.  As far as single venue, Chenoweth Golf Course can do indoor and outdoor weddings and has receptions, the Metropolitan Centre in downtown Canton is pretty, President's Hall in Akron also looks nice.  HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Glenmoor Country Club. Indoor wedding/reception site. Fair warning: it is a bit pricey and I don't know your budget.

http://www.akroncantonweddings.com/advertiser_details.asp?ai=474
    -This is not legal advice- Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPiclarger_image
  • madch17madch17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am getting married next month at Ohio Prestwick CC.  It only holds 250, but its very unique and well priced.  We got to have alot of extras because the food and hall were inexpensive.

• mikey0531mikey0531 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lake Forest Country Club in Hudson, Ohio is nice.
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Metropolitan Centre in Canton. Beautiful space and reasonably priced. Both our ceremony and reception will be there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bunchambuncham member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at a Church in Mansfiled but our reception will be at Brookside Farms in Louisville! Biggest and best kept secret in Stark County. We looked at the Glennmoore and other country clubs but it was too stuffy for us. You can do your wedding and reception at brookside but we wanted a church wedding! Goodluck!
  • jpurdum07jpurdum07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at the University Center on Kent State-Stark's campus.  I believe they can do weddings as well either in the Timken Great Hall (holds up to 400) or the Gallery Dining Room (up to 175).  It's a beautiful venue, you should check it out!  http://www.youruniversitycenter.com/social-events
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Guys Party Center. Thats where we had our reception and it was awesome. Check it out!
    Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nppdesignsnppdesigns member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    http://www.neoucom.edu/audience/conferencecenter

I was at a wedding at NEOUCOM where they had the ceremony inside (beautiful huge windows) and the hall is there as well. I am not sure on the price, but check out the site above. It is not quite Arkon/Canton, but not too far away.

Happy Planning!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards