California-Los Angeles
Options

guests

i am trying to figure out a tough one. i am almost fifty. my soon to be hubby is mid fifties too. it will be a second marriage. i hate the idea of being the center of attention. the bride is the center of attention. if i had my way, we would marry at a courthouse or run off to vegas. he has two girls 10 and 14 who i imagine will want to be part of a wedding. he has folks who will want to invite the entire world. i do not even want a reception. i know i am weird. it is really what i want. i have the money but do not want to spend it on  this, do not want the commotion. my soon to be hubby will go along, but i think he wants a little something. so do i cave in and do a small something even though i hate the idea, do the big ol wedding to appease his folks so they can invite the world, or just have the wedding i want. him and i.. and some sort of clergy person..thats it.

Re: guests

• Options
    amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely don't do the huge wedding your in-laws want....

i would suggest finding a compromise between what you want and what he wants. after all, its your wedding! and you two dont want any regrets :)

Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
  • Options
    Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP, do not do the BIG wedding...you need to talk to fi and meet some where in the middle.  I don't think you would like him to think you're having a blast at a big O wedding, when you really arent.  Maybe have a little something, but nothing big. GL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd probably just do immediate family and really close friends, then have a dinner afterwards, instead of a full reception with dancing. You can got ot city hall or hire a JOP to come to your house, a park, or the restaurant.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards