July 2012 Weddings
Options

Oh no

So I hate my invitations.  I bought them on Vista Print awhile ago and I love them just not the extra pieces.. I just feel like they dont flow well and that the main invitation is too busy. What to do?

Re: Oh no

• Options
    What do they look like?  PIP!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I agree - if we had a picture we could help!

My first thought: Could you add something to them so there's consistency? Like a ribbon or some type of embellishment? I don't know, that was just my first thought.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    agreeded, picture!! 
    *~The Future Mrs. Paine~*

*~Planning Bio Updated April 16th~*

image 331 invited image 107 are ready to party image 96 are missing out image 128 can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 30th!
  • Options
    agreed need to see what they look like before offering any advice.
  • Options
    Yes, let's see pictures and we can help you!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, let's see them!! I doubt all hope is lost - I like bridetobe's suggestion, an embellishment or perhaps if you find pockets you could put all the pieces into it might help to tie everything together. I know some girls who have bought invites from VP but purchased nicer envelopes to put them in, which seemed to make them feel better about it too.  
  • Options

I am not even sure why i suddenly dont like them and I am sure you will all think I am being silly.  I think I am just getting so nervous/excited/overwhelmed with everything that this is just something easy to focus on hahah.  But here are the invites

• Options
    Those are pretty.  I'm not fluent in the types of printing but are they flat/raised etc. What do you think it is about them that makes you second guess yourself?

I'll suggest without knowing

1- if you think they're too plain - add an embellishment like another poster mentioned. ribbon, crystals or even a pretty paper wrap.

2 - if you feel they're too busy - put them in two envelopes to play down the design or  see if you can have someone lighten the color. I don't know if it's plausible but I know people wash checks so I would think you could wash an invite.

3 - leave them as is - I think they're cute. I don't know what type of wedding you're having but personally I'd dress semi formal and wouldn't have any expectations per se of the event.
  • Options
    THanks for the suggestions ladies!  I may call VP and see if they have something that could match better with the invite.  I love the blue damask.. that is what some of our decor is as well so it really ties together but I think the RSVP cards could tie together better.
  • Options
    What do you ladies think if I changed the RSVP card to something all white?  I feel liket hat would tie everything together better.. would you do blue or black font?
  • Options
    Black text, and try to match the font exactly to the invitation wording font. I think that would help.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ok so I ordered all white RSVP cards with black font and the font is the same from the invitation.  I think this will help tie everything together much better :)

Thanks so  much for the help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards