California-Los Angeles
Options

Can't find THE dress!

I have looked at over a dozen bridal stores in Los Angeles (you name it, i've been there) along with already ordering 1 wedding dress that I hate...and I'm still struggling to find 'The' dress! Does everyone have that 'this is it' moment? Are there any great bridal boutiques outside of LA worth trying? Help!

Re: Can't find THE dress!

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never really had the "this is it" moment.  I went with one that i liked and that my father said looked the best.  Did you try going to Pebbles in Woodland Hills?
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with jagore08. I don't know if there's an "aha moment" necessarily. There will always be more dresses to try on. You should find one you really like (and other people think looks good on you too!) and go with it. Good luck! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't have the "this is it" moment either.  I knew it was perfect cause I felt good in it and everyone that was with me was crying.  Also all the consultants said it was the one for me. I know that sounds weird cause you would think that they would just try and make a sale but my lady was brutally honest with me about the dresses because she does this everyday.  I think that everyone is different and not everyone has a moment where they know and just start crying.  I got my dress at Marylinn's in Pasadena they are really helpful, you have to have an appointment but it's worth checking it out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all of the help so far! Yes, I did go to Pebbles and Marilynn, along with Lili, R-Mine, Rose Petals and about a dozen more! I'm just so frustrated and losing hope that there's a perfect dress for me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My "this is it" moment came when I was in the car with my sister and driving home from MaryLinn's.  I didn't actually have it in the store.  I went back a few days later to show my parents the dress and that is when I knew.  BTW, several consultants told me that hardly anyone ever cries when they find their dress so don't believe that it happens to everyone like Say Yes To The Dress would like you to. 

Have you tried Mon Amie in Costa Mesa?   I've also heard good things about Here Comes The Bride in San Diego...could be a fun little road trip down south.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I really like Jinny's Bridal in Huntington Beach.  However, if you already went to a bunch of shops I don't know how much more you would find there.  Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm wondering was there a dress that you really really liked but thought it wasn't the one because you didn't have the "this is it moment"?  Maybe if there is one that you did like a lot you could go back and try it on and will know for sure that you liked it.  Just a suggestion, GL!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know exactly how you feel...I didn't think I would EVER find THE dress...I had gone to 5 or 6 places, but no dress was perfect. I finally did find the one at MaryLinns...by that time, I knew what I liked, what I didn't like and what looked good, so I knew even before I put the dress on that it was the one. I would say hang in there and keep trying them on so you know what you want.

One place I really liked was Caroza designs in Glendale...while I didn't end up getting my dress there, they had a great sense for what I was looking for and pulled a lot of dresses that I liked.

Good luck!!
  • Options
    angiemuttangiemutt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the SAME BOAT and it's awful! I feel your pain- I think I've been to 10 salons, and all I have is a dress that I think could be it. But no tears, no goosebumps! Ugh. Another problem I'm having is that the consultants at the salon are so rude, which personally could break the sale for me. Maybe I should just get it......?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are so many dresses out there that sometimes we flood ourselves in them.  I tried on dresses 5 different times and finally I made an appointment to go alone.  I broke down what I was feeling and told the girl what I was visioning in my head.  They knew instantly what i was going for and pulled the dress that I ended up buying.  It comes in in about 3 weeks and I still feel worried about it.  But I think thats normal???  Break it down for a salon, like I did.  "I love Bright White, with pick ups, sweetheart neckline, A-line, and my favorite Disney Princess is Cinderella" and it worked! Cruz's Bridal girls were my magic maker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards