California-Los Angeles

Simplicity Gourmet

Hi friends!!

Have any of you ever heard of this company, Simplicity Gourmet? I did a search on the boards here and there seems to be a ton of discussions, but it all seems to be based on he say/she say. The general consensus seems to be that its all a scam, but I'm wondering if anyone has personal experience, and if anyone has actually booked a trip, or personally knows someone who did?

When I first got engaged, my fiance and I went to a lot of bridal expos, so we started getting calls from a company called "Simplicity Gourmet." They told us we had won a free honeymoon package, and all we needed to do was sit through a two hour cookware presentation. At the end of the presentation, they gave us a voucher for a 3 night stay of our choice to Costa Rica, Domincan Republic, Mexico, and a few other locations. I tucked the voucher away and never though much of it, but now that FI and I are starting to think of honeymoon options, it would be kind of nice if we really did have a free package. 

I'll admit, it sounds too good to be true, but of all the accusations I've read claiming it to be a scam, it seems to all be based off of google or the Internet. I've yet to find a personal experience story. Have any of you actually booked one of these trips or know someone personally who did? I'd love to hear your experience and thoughts. Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards