California-Los Angeles

Reviews on Hotel Maya in Long Beach

Hello!!! My fiance & I are contemplating on having our wedding reception at Hotel Maya in Long Beach. We did a spontaneous visit there last Saturday, and fortuitously there happened to be a wedding that day which the staff was prepping for. We had the opportunity to view the Miramar Ballroom with some colorful decorations (which conincidentally were the same colors as are our theme), which looked amazing! Plus, Miramar has its own viranda and has a 180 degree view of the water and downtown Long Beach so I imagine the view would be spectucular in the evening when the lights in downtown LB light up the sky. Long story short: I fell in love with the place! I've been looking on the Internet for reviews on the place as a wedding venue but to no avail. Hotel Maya, however, received great reviews as a hotel and is rated #2 hotel in Long Beach. If you have any stories--good and bad--about this place, please do share... Thanks so much!!

Re: Reviews on Hotel Maya in Long Beach

• edited December 2011
    I don't have a review but I went there and absolutely fell in love with it.  It is amazing and I would LOVE to have my wedding there.  I am having 186 guests and they quoted me like 20k for just food and drinks on a Sunday so I couldn't do it.
  • julybm08julybm08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We stayed there for our wedding weekend and LOVED it!  They were still finishing construction when we stayed so the ballrooms, pool, etc weren't even open yet.  Did you eat at the restaurant?  The food is great so I imagine the reception food would be great too. 

You should ask them if they can put you in contact with any other brides that have gotten married there.  They probably don't have any wedding reviews yet because they haven't been open too long.  Great place though!
  • brittonlightbrittonlight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in a week and a half -- Oct. 2.  Everything's been great so far, and I'm sure we'll be very happy with our choice.  The menu tasting was our favorite part of wedding planning so far.  Would be happy to answer any specific questions you have.
  • edited December 2011
    I have not eaten at the restaurant, but FI and I stayed there earlier this summer to 'get away' for a weekend. It was AWESOME and beautiful. I'd love to have our wedding there as well, but when I looked into it, the quote we got was insanely over our budget.
    11.13.2010 = BEST DAY EVER!!!
    Married Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I know I'm a little late, but I wanted to give you my info. I saw a reception there and absolutely fell in love with it. My fiance and I were ready to go way over budget to get it and found the customer service was horrible. We met with one of the catering managers and she told us one thing as far as price and package. Then every time after that, something else had changed, the prices had gone up, or they couldn't do something she had already told me they could. AND it took them at least three days to get back to me either by phone or email. I did not feel comfortable spending my money there and we went next door to The Reef. I could not be happier with the Reef!!! They are amazing, get back to me immediately when I have even the most stupid questions, they are accomodating and wonderful. I'm very happy to spend my money there! Just wanted to give you my experience! Good luck and have fun with all the planning!
  • edited December 2011
    Almost a year later, but why not keep this thread alive for furture knotties looking at the Hotel Maya? :)

Things must have changed since Jenny talked with the hotel because I have received nothing but superb customer service. Doug is helping us has been nothing but accomodating and wonderful. He replies to my e-mails quickly and even informed us when he would be out of town for a weekend so we didn't worry if he didn't respond. He is an excellent representative for the hotel.

FI and I just signed our contract with Hotel Maya today and we are going to have our ceremony and reception there on 11-11-11.
    November11 Siggy challenge: You and your fiance!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards