California-Los Angeles
Options

QOTD

What do you think about the new airport security measures (body scans and the new pat downs)?
Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: QOTD

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't mind the body scans but I am not a fan of what I saw with the new pat downs.  I'm not a person that likes to be touched and from what I saw int he news, they touch a little too much.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    nikojammnikojamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dunno... I understand we need to have security, but I think they may be taking it a bit far. 

Remember the good 'ol days when you could just walk up and put your stuff on the belt and walk right through, without taking shoes, jackets, etc off?  Oh, and remember how your loved ones used to be able to walk you to the gate and be there to greet you when you arrived!!!  My oh my how times have changed!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally don't care...yes they may touch you a little TOO much but all I have to say...if we had a plane blow up again EVERYONE would be saying our security sucks our security this and point fingers they should of done this and that.

Yes its very sad we can't walk up and just drop our bags....but I think being cautious makes everyone feel a little safer. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm against them. I think they take it too far. The terrorists are always one step ahead. What's to prevent them from blowing up a train or greyhound with literally NO security measures? Or a shopping mall? All we're doing is giving up our own rights to feel "safer" and that's what they want, isn't it? Wink
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm kind of indifferent on it at the moment.

I travel a lot, so dealing with security can be annoying no matter what. But I've figured out some tricks to lessen my chances of being the one that gets the pat down and bag searches.

The scanners, I personally don't mind them. I can see how some people would be weirded out by it. But I'm not super shy or anything, so I don't feel that it's like them 'seeing me naked'.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards