July 2012 Weddings
Options

Random Question: Thanking your Shower Host

So, my cousins (technically, it is my mom's cousin and her daughters who I am all very close with) are throwing me my shower.  It is SO sweet of them and entirely unnecessary. I feel like I should do something to thank them for throwing this huge shower for me. 

Are you guys planning to do anything to thank the person(s) who are throwing shower(s) for you? If so, what are you planning to do? What is the normal thing to do? 

A thank you card just didn't seem to suffice for such a huge effort in this situation!  

This was the random thought that popped into my mind when I woke up in the middle of the night thinking wedding thoughts last night....I am sure you all know how that goes ;) 

Re: Random Question: Thanking your Shower Host

• Options
    how much are you looking to spend?  Personally none of my BM's ever sent me a thank you gift it was always just a card so I am going to do the same for them.  However my mom and FMIL have helped them out a lot so I think that I might send the 2 moms a bouquet of flowers. 

A girl I am friends with on FB sent flowers to all of her BM's at work to thank them I thought that was a cute idea but can be expensive.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Hmmm good question, I hadn't thought of that before. My mom, aunt, and grandma are all jointly throwing my shower for me and I don't know what to do, if anything. Maybe send a thank you card with a gift certificate for a spa? I know both my aunt and grandma have gone before and have loved that.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Flowers seems like a perfect suggestion!! Thanks Lady :) 

I just felt like it would be nice to do something for them since they aren't my immediate family or my bridesmaids and are just doing it because they wanted to...not that anyone would ever be required to throw anyone a shower, this was just a surprise and is totally unnecessary of them so a thank you seemed appropriate to me, if that makes any sense at all...
  • Options
    I'd love to keep an eye on this thread. I know all 8 of my BMs and my mom are technically planning my shower, but it's at my family's beach house, and I know my MOH has really been the one spearheading the plans along with my mom. I can't really see spending $50 flowers on each of them, in addition to all of the other stuff I'm buying/doing for them, but perhaps I'll do that for MOH and mom and then I'll just get something small for the others? Will that be insulting? I know the others haven't really planned it . . . this is actually stressing me out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not getting anything for the one thrown by the BM's. Thats because I'm getting them (really nice) gifts for the wedding as a thank you for everything. For my other shower thoug I'll probably do something nice for the woman (moms cousin) who's house we are using. I'm not sure what though.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_random-question-thanking-your-shower-host?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:e86ad7c6-97c3-4806-881c-f9bc7f5152faPost:c6a0ccdb-73e4-41e0-ac69-ed615384e589">Re: Random Question: Thanking your Shower Host</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd love to keep an eye on this thread. I know all 8 of my BMs and my mom are technically planning my shower, but it's at my family's beach house, and I know my MOH has really been the one spearheading the plans along with my mom. I can't really see spending $50 flowers on each of them, in addition to all of the other stuff I'm buying/doing for them, but perhaps I'll do that for MOH and mom and then I'll just get something small for the others? Will that be insulting? I know the others haven't really planned it . . . this is actually stressing me out.
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

I think there is a difference between doing some planning/pitching in to help at the shower, and actually HOSTING the shower. It sounds like your MOH and your mother are co-hosting in this instance?? So I think it would be appropriate to do flowers and a card for the two of them, and just a card for the other assistant planners would be just fine....
  • Options

A small edible arrangement could be nice too.

Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_random-question-thanking-your-shower-host?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:e86ad7c6-97c3-4806-881c-f9bc7f5152faPost:03093d50-54ca-4406-84be-59d29e6109d4">Re: Random Question: Thanking your Shower Host</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not getting anything for the one thrown by the BM's. <strong>Thats because I'm getting them (really nice) gifts for the wedding as a thank you for everything.</strong> For my other shower thoug I'll probably do something nice for the woman (moms cousin) who's house we are using. I'm not sure what though.
    Posted by dramaqueen91087[/QUOTE]

This is a really good point! We are already getting gifts for BMs so there is no need to give them multiple thank yous....I also think this is why I felt like it was necessary to do something extra for my mom's cousin who is hosting for me!
  • Options
    I like the flowers idea...everyone loves receiving flowers :-) Or a giftcard to a nice restaurant or thank them by personally  taking them to lunch one day or treat them to a mani/pedi.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    These are all good ideas.

I'm worried because the Paperless Post "Save the Date" (my MOH is just as organized/OCD as me) said it was from "[Mom's Name] and The Bridesmaids". I know for a fact that not all of the BMs are really that involved in the planning - in fact, some of them won't even be at the shower (lots of OOTs). I guess I can assume it's basically MOH and Mom and I'll get a card for the others, thanking them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards