California-Los Angeles

Help! Ceremony Location Prices

So, I was just wondering if anyone knows about how much should a ceremony location should cost. I live in Los Angeles and I'm shopping around for ceremony sites. But I just don't know if I'm getting a good deal or not. About how much should a location cost? I'm not sure if I'm overpaying or getting a good price. Can anyone give me some insights?

Re: Help! Ceremony Location Prices

• tranghnguyen5tranghnguyen5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So, I was just wondering if anyone knows about how much should a ceremony location should cost. I live in Los Angeles and I'm shopping around for ceremony sites. But I just don't know if I'm getting a good deal or not. About how much should a location cost? I'm not sure if I'm overpaying or getting a good price. Can anyone give me some insights?
  • jonekajoneka member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you utilize the knot budgeter..it gives you a round about figure..to help you out so you dont go over and stay within budget. If its within that figure and you love it..i would say go for it..price about three or four different places and compare..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I am still deciding if I am going to get married in a church which some go by donation or at my venue. My venue ceremony cost is a lot then I seen at other places but it's because of the location.

Edit
  • lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it really is based on location, location, location.  You can find some great deals in cities that are "less known" for instance San Pedro is probably 20%-30% less expensive than Palos Verdes...but guess what?  Palos Verdes is prettier. I guess you need to see what you can really afford and then look at places in your range.  Have you set a budget yet?
  • edited December 2011
    You need to set an overall wedding budget and then take a look at the average prices for stuff. Or basically, portion out what you can afford for things. The Knot and Wedding Wire have good budgeting tools.

If you're looking for somewhere inexpensive, think of alternative wedding sites - restaurants, parks, VFW halls, etc.

FYI, my ceremony site is $600.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • suebeebridesuebeebride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen a range of 500-1000 and most have been churches and garden sites.  Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding will take place in Brand Park (Glendale, CA).  It's really beautiful with a creek, Japanese tea garden, etc.  Plus it's really affordable as it's a city park.  We paid $120 per hour with $100 refundable deposit.  I suggest you check it out.

It has a beautiful gazebo inside as well.  It's your choice whether you want to set up for ceremony in front of the creek or the gazebo.  Staff members are really nice and willing to work with you.

• jennjenn21jennjenn21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I DONT KNOW IF THIS WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA FOR YOU SINCE YOU'RE IN LOS ANGELES BUT I'M THINKING OF SAN DIEGO COUNTY PARKS AND RENTING A COMMUNITY CENTER...SOME OF THE PARKS ARE $450 FOR THE DAY...DONT KNOW IF YOU WANT OUTSIDE RECEPTION OR NOT...I'M ON A TIGHT BUDGET THAT IS WHY I'M CHOOSING A PARK..BUT ALSO IF YOU WANT USE OF A KITCHEN FOR A RECPTION (THAT IS IF YOU'RE CATERING YOUR OWN WEDDING WHICH I MIGHT BE DOING) THEN IT'S ALSO A GREAT PLACE. THE COMMUNITY CENTERS RANGE FROM 550-650 WITH SEATING FOR UP TO 200-300 PEOPLE. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED CHECK OUT THIS WEBSITE 

http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/parks/picnic/index.html   ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE YOU WILL FIND A LIST LOOK FOR PARKS AND ATTRACTIONS AND COMMUNITY RECREATION AND TEEN CENTERS...IF YOU SCROLL OVER THEM IT WILL GIVE YOU SOME HELPFUL OPTIONS...HOPE THIS HELPS...CONGRATS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards