Ohio-Northeast

Vase size opinion needed?

Hello ladies!I hope everyone had a great weekend!So, I think I'm going to DIY my own flowers :)  The wholesale site I'm purchasing from is sooo very bride friendly and is just awesome (fiftyflowers.com).  I was concerned that I was even humoring the thought at first, but I'm really excited about it now that I've researched it a bunch.   The one thing I'm confused about is what to do about our tall vase.  These will be fairly simple to do but will provide us with the height we need and a punch of color.  I'm going to do red aranda orchids (20-25 stem length - not including blooms) and orange mokara orchids (avg 15 stem length - not including blooms).  I think the difference in heights of these will look pretty cool.  Place a handful of brown stones at the bottom of the vase and a few curly willow branches and I'm done:)  The thing is .. what vase size???I don't want to obstruct guests' views at the table.  A tall cylinder - 18" tall ~ mouth size is between 3-4" seems to work well with the stem size I'll be working with but .. do you think that's too low (the 18" height of the vase)? TIA!    
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards