California-Los Angeles
Options

I bought my dress!

After 3 days of shopping and 5 dress shops, I bought my dress!!  

I was initially not looking forward to dress shopping--I don't love wedding dresses and I thought I would be hard-pressed to find something I liked.  Turns out, there were LOTS of dresses that I liked & the hard part was narrowing it down!  I think my dress was beautiful & even better it was on sale, so I got a brand-new Pronovias, 2010 style gown (Galante) for less than $1000 incl. tax.  (still need to pay for alterations though)

I love it and it looks absolutely amazing on my body!! Can't wait to wow him on our wedding day!  I also think I settled on the Central library in downtown LA (instead of Marvimon) as the venue and I think it will look perfect with that.  Less than a week back in LA and I am already knocking things off my list!  Hooray!!

Re: I bought my dress!

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on finding your dress!  You will definitely wow him on your wedding day.  Your dress is gorgeous!  Do you have any pictures of you in it?  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow, that dress is beautiful! it will make such a statement and will look great in downtown LA!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the big checks! Your dress is gorgeous.
  • Options
    Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lovely dress, Congrats on fiding the Dress!! =D
  • Options
    moneypenny02moneypenny02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  Here is me in the dress: http://www.flickr.com/photos/moneypenny02/4204124642/

I'm so excited about it I want to show all my friends--but I want them to be surprised too--I am sure this is not a dress they would have expected me in.  I was definitely starting out looking for a very simple dress--that I was just going to dress up with jewelry. 

I am crossing my fingers now that the spaces in the library that I wanted will be available (should find out today!) and that we will be able to have alcohol, without spending a whole lot extra on insurance or something.  (Cus I know I can't have a wedding without alcohol!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Your dress is amazing and you will definitely wow him in it.  Congratulations on your BIG checks!

My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  You look amazing in your dress.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Could you let me know who you are in contact with at the library? My email is my user name at yahoo dot com. I want to do our wedding party pics there (and at the music center), but I want to check and see if we need permission. Thanks!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOVE THAT DRESS!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BEAUTIFUL DRESS!!! Great pick and yes it looks great on you!!!!!!! =D
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the compliments!  I love it so much!  I have to decide if I want to get a veil, and if so if I want a regular veil or a cage veil (which is what I had originally intended). 

I saw this pattern in the Martha Stewart wedding book to make a Dahlia flower out of cloth so I am thinking of making that instead in whatever accent color I am using (either dark purple or fuchsia) and putting that in my hair with a low chignon.  So many ideas--too bad you only have one day to do it!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been trying to email the library contact, but the woman that I spoke with is the business manager, Janet.  Her number is (213) 228-7467.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you interested in selling your used dress? if so please contact me with details...
    makeupandhairbyjaime@gmail.com
    Cheers,
    Jaime
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards