California-Los Angeles

a DJ that even plays Banda music…

Hi ladies,

Okay so about 80% of my guests are into banda/n
orteña music and while my fiancé, our friends and I aren’t.. we want to have a good mix of everything so everyone gets a chance to dance.
 I can’t find a DJ (other than a house party kind) that plays everything including banda/norteña.  Sure I could give them a play lists but I want a DJ who actually knows who Antonio Aguilar and Chalino Sanchez are and know what songs are good to dance to and not play Los Bukis (no offense to anyone who likes them) thinking that’s banda music. 

We want everything from “like a G6” to flashbacks and to rock en espanol… The one guy I had in mind unfortunately is booked, another one never got back to me and the rest have no clue what banda is.

Please let me know if you know of anyone, even if they are house party DJ’s but with a professional setup.

This is really the only major vendor I have left to book and you all know.. the DJ makes the night!

Thanks!
Byanka

Re: a DJ that even plays Banda music…

• edited December 2011
    Our Dj has that music and is aware of who they are. We had a good mixture of modern to old school spanish Joan Sebasatian. His name is Shawn Vasquez of Amazing Events DJ
    Here is his link for project wedding , his contact info is there.
    http://www.projectwedding.com/vendor/show/amazing-event-djs-amzdj

OH bTW try to negotiate the price, we were able to get a good deal with him bc he worked with our budget! You can mention our names Ana & David August 21 wedding!
    Good luck,
  • TheBueno'sTheBueno's member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'll definitely check him out, thanks for the lead!

Byanka

• Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also recommend the DJ we had. He was great, professional and plays a variety of music. He is also bilingual so that's a plus. You can view a more detailed review and his info on my wedding bio under "vendor reviews". Good Luck, hope this helped! :)

• edelgado11edelgado11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I"m using J&M Entertainment.  They have a DJ and an MC,  fully bilingual and play all the variety you specify.  I've been to multiple events, weddings and sweet sixteens, and they've done a great job.  Hope that helps.
    Anniversary ExerciseMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards