California-Los Angeles
Options

Looking for vintage Hollywood-style venue/hotel

Hello!

I need some help from some wonderful experienced Lala Land brides. I'm relatively new to the area, but trying to plan a (reasonably) priced wedding. 

Our theme is a bit ridiculous yet amazing: We're planning a vintage Hollywood/movie themed wedding with touches of geekery here and there. (Tardis photobooth. 'nuff said.)

We're looking for a Burbank/Glendale area venue that has touches of old Hollywood glamour and personality. I'm not sure yet if we want to have a separate location for the ceremony and location yet, so that can go either way depending on the venue.

Here's some examples of venue style I love:

The venue we're kinda excited about is Ramsey's at the Club. We haven't seen it in person yet, but it's on our list to follow up on. We're also looking for a hotel in the area too that possibly has some nice vintage style. I realize this is hard to find outside of downtown or Hollywood, but it's worth a try. :)

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it! This is like planning a destination wedding when you already live there. ;)

Thanks!

Re: Looking for vintage Hollywood-style venue/hotel

• Options
    I also got married at Ramseys and I LOVED it. They are so good about working with you, the food is amazing, etc, etc. Our guests loved it. It's pretty. It's reasonably priced (and they work with you). I think Mellie had her ceremony there. I had my ceremony at the Church of the Hills at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills, which is less than 1/2 a mile up the street. It's a chapel that's modeled after a 19th century New England church.

I'd also look into the Roosevelt Hotel, where they held the very first Oscars. It's SUPER old Hollywood. It seems like it might be... not too cheap, but it depends on your budget and the size of your guest list.

There's also a club/restaurant called Social in Hollywood that might really work. It's on Sunset near Vine.

my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Well, get the hollywood venues for organizing any type of events over there. These hollywood venues are well known all ocer the world due to its origiality and many celebrities are also involved in them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards