California-Los Angeles
Options

MAC makeup

Hi,
I want to have my makeup done at MAC for my b-pics coming up in 2 weeks (my photographer recommended it- she said they do a good job with that).

Does anyone know if you need to make an appointment to have your makeup done at a MAC store, or if it's walk-in only? I will be on a tight schedule that day, so I'm sure an appointment would be better for me. Just wondering if anyone else has done this.

Whenever I go into the MAC store near me, it's a madhouse!

Re: MAC makeup

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, you should make an appointment with them.  MAC stores are always insane and if you're on a tight schedule an appointment is necessary.  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, I'll give them a call!
  • Options
    lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you may need to purchase a certain amount of prduct for them to do your makeup.  I think that is a great idea for your b-pics.  Good advice from your photographer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my make-up done for a wedding a couple yrs ago. I truly liked it and FI's cuzn had her make-up done for her B-day party last year and I think they did a FAB job! 

Personally, I don't mind dramatic make-up and that is what MAC is known for. I think every girl has their personal preference. Some girls don't like it cux they feel TOO DONE! Ya know? I personally LOVE looking out of the box so I love dramatic make-up. My mom didn't care for it, but she wears little to no make-up. So keep that in mind!

Yes you do need an appointment and like LALA said you need to purchase a certain amount which last I hear was $50 on weekends and weekdays $25.

HTH and GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    if they are not busy they will take you as a walk in...But it is highly recommended to make an appointment...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the tips, I'll definitely make an appointment.

The look they do is a little too "made up" for me in real life, but I think it will be perfect for b-pics.

I figured I'd spend the $50 on powder and a lipstick that I can use to touch up at my wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards