California-Los Angeles
Options

I'm an Editor at the LA Times Magazine and letting my readers plan my wedding!

Hi Lovely People! 

I wanted to share my new exciting blog with you. It's called Plan My Wedding at planmywedding.latimesmagazine.com.  Comment on the whole wedding process and vote on your favorite dresses, china patterns, bands, cakes, bridesmaids colors, and much much more! i listen to you, and without you we can't have a wedding!

Thanks for your support & hope you'll love it! 
Allison
planmywedding.latimesmagazine.com
Tongue out

Re: I'm an Editor at the LA Times Magazine and letting my readers plan my wedding!

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow.  Letting complete strangers plan your wedding, that's ballsy!  No, you sound like a fun and laid back person.  I can't wait to see what else people pick for you.  Good luck with the planning!
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This all sounds great and fun and interactive

BUT

are you seriously sure you want to do this?  A wedding is such a personal thing: about you and your FI--call me a bit old fashioned, but before you start listening to others you really should listen to yourself first.  No one knows your own needs, your own family, your own guests better than you do--no one is more qualified to make each decision more than you are.  Popular opinion, while popular, may fail you when you get down to things that make you, your FI, and your families unique. You just may find yourself down the line years later wishing you had done things differently rather than turning each detail into a popularity contest.  Yes the idea is original.  But remember, be true to yourself--at the end of the day, as a bride no one else's opinion matters more than yours.

Tread carefully.  Just because we live in a democracy, doesn't mean that those who vote are voting for what is truly best--especially when taking into account the needs of a specific and unique individual.

• Options
    edited December 2011

Better you than me - I would be scared to death.  But hopefully everyone will be genuine with their ideas and advice.  That would be just cruel and mean to try to make someone have a horrible wedding.
    Good luck I can't wait to see how it turns out - I'm going to go over to your website and take a look.

My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards