California-Los Angeles

AAHHHH! need advice asap!

Hi all! :)

so i'm new to this posting gig, but i have a little problem.

My Fiance and I are planning to get married in April 2012. Well I have been looking around for venues and comparing prices and well it's quite out of our budget. So we just dicussed it and we want to do a nice ceremony w/ a very inexpensive  reception w/ all of our friends and family. But here's the thing, where would i have the reception now? since we cannot afford a packaged venue?  any ideas where to even start looking for a nice estate or cheaper venue that would hold approximately 125 guests? In surrounding Los angeles area no less!!  I don't want this too look like a back yard boogie either.. I still would like to wear a beautiful gown and attempt to make this day as beautiful as I feel marrying the man of my dreams.

am I freaking out or is this normal to think at 100mph?? lol

Re: AAHHHH! need advice asap!

• edited December 2011
    Do you or a family memember have a nice backyard to use? Rent a tent and some chairs?
  • imlovingitimlovingit member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would ask a friends and maybe one of them has a beautiful home you can use. With all the money you would save you could really decorate a backyard and make it look beautiful. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what inexpensive is to you (to each his own), but if I were to do it again I would look into a ceremony/reception package at Lawry's Beverly Hills.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

First--take a breath....this can be done...you can have what you want. : )
    Next..Curly is right...it really depends what kind of a budget you're working with; and also it would be a good idea to check out some restaurants. I've heard good things about Cheesecake Factory in Marina Del Rey.
    Also, think about having something at an off time..you could do cocktails & appetizers instead of a full sit-down meal.
    Good luck!

• lovelyjjlovelyjj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi girls, thank you all for the support and ideas.
    I think i lost it a little too soon. haha.

I am looking into a few local estates. I have a few to check out soon but the thing with that is i would have to hire separate vendors for everything. so it can get pricey.
    luckily, a close friend of mine is related to a wedding coordinator, we have a lunch date this weekend, she offered to help find a place and help as much as she could.. looks like i'll be ok but still a little worried about going over budget.
    but we won't know till we get the ball rolling right?    Wink

thanks again for the ideas girls Kiss
  • ktrntrryktrntrry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_aahhhh-need-advice-asap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:68Discussion:8a5658d4-e655-4b2d-a2b4-e3f7d1780dc7Post:e17f0fc3-a567-4ddd-be70-7df369221470">Re: AAHHHH! need advice asap</a>:
    [QUOTE]First--take a breath....this can be done...you can have what you want. : ) Next..Curly is right...it really depends what kind of a budget you're working with; and also it would be a good idea to check out some restaurants. I've heard good things about Cheesecake Factory in Marina Del Rey. Also, think about having something at an off time..you could do cocktails & appetizers instead of a full sit-down meal. Good luck!
    Posted by RoMy215[/QUOTE]

My wedding was at the Cheescake Factory in Redondo and it was beautiful and inexpensive (to me). Plus their event staff is amazing.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    While I don't have a rec on an inexpensive venue, I will reassure you that planning a wedding almost requires thinking at 100 mph! lol Take a deep breath, have a glass of wine and focus on one thing at a time. Good luck and I'm sure no matter what, you're going to have a beautiful day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards