California-Los Angeles
Options

What Do I do now?

Ok ladies...

So I am completely lost...

What do you do once you book your venue?

I feel like I am ALL over the place and have no idea where to start.
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: What Do I do now?

• Options
    edited December 2011

I'm not sure how many vendors you've booked or need at this point, but you can definetly start looking into that. Or you can begin looking into invitations...maybe do some research to see what style you like...I guess it really depends what you need to book or buy at this point. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I started looking for vendors, in order of importance. I think the most important is photographer, so I did that. Now I'm moving onto music. After that, little things will be taken care of as they pop up. I figure we'll deal with BM attire when my dress comes in, for example.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Now, you may want to decide what "feel" you want for the wedding.  You guys decided on a cruise right? So do you want ocean colors, fall colors, vintage feel, modern feel?  These things will affect what type of music you want, decorations, etc. 

I would start collecting photos of things you like and try to stick with the "feel" you are going for.  I like a million different things but I have decided to go with a "vintage girly" feel and this helps me stay focused.  This way when I like something modern I just tell myself "Nope, that will look beautiful at someone else's wedding".

I would start looking for a photographer, dj or band, florist, asap because a lot of those people only do one or two weddings a day and if I recall--you have a popular date.
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dress
    Photographer
    DJ
    Caterer (if needed)
    Florist
    Hair
    Make-up
    Invitations
    Did you register yet?
    Cake
    Once you find your dress, start looking for your accessories (especially since a lot of things are on sale during the holiday season)
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok...

I dont need a florist, caterer, cake...those are all included with the yacht.

I have the idea on how I want the invitations BUT its just a matter of finding the supplies that I need (I think thats driving me a little wacko)

I have NO CLUE how to choose a photographer...they gave me a list of preferred vendors so I will look into that.

Our DJ will be a friend more than likely (we have a few to choose from)

Hair - I will be going to my regular stylist

Our colors are purple with gold accents (the yacht decor is black and gold so I figure gold accents instead of silver)

Im trying to figure out if I want nautical theme centerpieces or floral centerpeices

Have yet to register...Not sure FI will be up to it as much as I was since we got to do it for the baby shower...  :-)

Make Up - I have NO CLUE how to look for someone...

Ummm...I guess I am feeling SUPER scattered at this point and I feel like I need some type of organization going on.

Photobucket

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:68Discussion:8e99204d-269c-4184-ac0e-016d1bf422efPost:27f2626f-ecfb-4636-9f00-41d5091c206b">Re: What Do I do now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have NO CLUE how to choose a photographer...they gave me a list of preferred vendors so I will look into that.
    Posted by TysWife2Be[/QUOTE]

<div>I am horrible at posing for pictures.  My smile usually looks fake and forced. When it came time to choose our photographer we decided on one that focused on photojournalism and candid pictures.  </div><div>
    </div><div>When you're looking at their work, look at the style they use.  If you're like me see if they do a lot of candid shots.</div>
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im actually opposite jagore08.

I LOVE smiling for the camera...I do love candids as well though...

I guess it matters the style of pictures that I am going for...thats something that I have to figure out.

Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards