California-Los Angeles

Oh Happy day! <3

So this is a day late, but I was pretty darn busy yesterday and didn't get home until like 1 am.

A new friend of mine and I ended up at David's Bridal yesterday,  I had already searched DB via the internet and saved 4 dresses to my favorites.  I had my heart set on 1 of the 4, but was really careful not to get my hopes up in case the one I loved didn't fit me the way I wanted it to. Luckily, 'the one' fits me perfectly!

The only thing that sucked about the whole experience were the employees. The lady that took my information seemed to hate her job and had the personality of a troll and my bridal consultant was very condescending and snippy.  She was really a total bitch. She pretty much took over helping me dress and told my friend that she was better since she was the employee.

She ended up bringing me the same dress that I had already picked myself,  (which is 'the one' and I told her that) when she was bringing me more to try on (which btw NONE of them were anything like the dresses I had picked out and NONE of them fit properly). My friend politely told her that she had brought the same dress and the lady snatched it out of her hands and said "I don't want to talk to you anymore, I'm done with you!" and stomped off. We didn't know if she was kidding or not.

ANYWAYS, I found my dress!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Oh Happy day! <3

• katzluv88katzluv88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had almost the same experience when i went dress shopping. i asked them to bring out mermaid dresses and all she brought me was a-line and ball gowns then told me to put on the extra fluff thing and i didn't want to. she got the seamstress for me and she was so rough i just walked away while she was helping me and left crying. im so glad that you found "the one" congrats
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ooh, unfortunately, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who had an unpleasant experience. 

And thank you! =]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are SO not the only one to have a bad experience with David's!!! Unfortunately we get what we pay for, and when we go to David's, we are just getting a dress that will look pretty enough for several hours. Although I'd previously had a fine experience purchasing a bm dress for myself, I had a not so good experience buying my own wedding dress and then ended up going to a district manager to intervene when I had major problems getting one of my sister's bm dresses. 
    Congratulations on finding "the one"!! 
    DO NOT get your alterations done through David's. If you'll be in the LA area, call Renee of In Stiches. I tried her because practically everyone on this board recommended her and I couldn't find one negative review of her. The experience you have with her will help you have good dress related memories. 
    Congratulations and good luck with the rest of your planning. 

• simplestlifesimplestlife member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_oh-happy-day-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:68Discussion:9308cb25-c5d1-4006-a3ab-9e89590c6bf0Post:d879d874-5f45-437e-bb8c-19205b579e87">Re: Oh Happy day! <3</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you'll be in the LA area, call Renee of In Stiches. <div>Posted by RoMy215[/QUOTE]

</div><div>Glad you found THE dress, despite the crappy consultant!! I'm going to David's for the BM dresses so I'll havw to approach with caution. </div><div>
    </div><div>And thanks to RoMy215 for the recommendation!! I bought my dress in Beverly Hills, but live and work in the Valley, so I really wanted to find someone that didn't require a drive over the hill to get my dress altered!</div>
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SimplestLife--Renee (pronounced Ri Knee--not Renay) is in Woodland Hills. I'm on the westside and she was worth the drive for me. 
    As for David's...I got a bm dress from them for my sister's wedding and it was fine. 2 of my bm's had no problems. They just aren't really known for their service. You hear about the "Kleinfeld's experience" and there's a reason you don't hear about the "David's experience" (in the same way). But just make sure to ask in advance how long the dresses will take to come in. 

Good luck!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards