California-Los Angeles
Options

What Else Do I Need?

Ok...since I am doing a backyard reception I need to start making calls, getting quotes, etc.

What do I need?

I have the following:
Linens
Chairs
Tables
Silverware
China
Glasses/etc.

Anything else you ladies can add to my list?
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: What Else Do I Need?

• Options
    DodgersBrideDodgersBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would say have those citronella candles or oil to keep the insect away unless you are having it tented. It's small detail that I think is often overlooked. Since it will be summer wedding I believe the mosquitoes and other insect would be in full swing.

• Options
    Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Music, are you having a DJ? band?

• Options
    Vans18Vans18 member
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Serving tables/area. Some kind of prep area? A bar set up? You might also need bar tools, unless the bartender you hire takes care of that. Does your venue have enough restrooms or do you need to rent them?

Possibly a tent or awning for bad/hot weather, maybe outdoor heaters.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    DodgersBrideDodgersBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My post seems dumb now. I assumed she had all other things that PPs have stated. LOL .I will agree that you should really have a back up like mery said as far as weather goes. Heaters and tents\shade. 

I would also make sure that the grounds are well groomed as far as holes in grass area and make sure that all cement and grass areas are level that way you avoid any slips and falls.

I would also maybe think about valet or parking situation. That can be a mess if left unplanned. I would also let neighbors know that you are having a wedding reception to give them a heads up on the amount of traffic they will experience. I'm not sure but you might want to check with the city or county about how parking for events that large are handle to avoid being cited.

Also what about security? I know most of assume nothing will come up missing but I would probably hire some if guest will be accessing the house at any time alone. And to make no one under the drinking age is being served.

• Options
    Vans18Vans18 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_else-need?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:68Discussion:9b08d6b1-9b6c-4b11-b9ff-e99124276358Post:09c2e9cf-b770-4a62-ac67-81f142db1731">Re: What Else Do I Need?</a>:
    [QUOTE] I would also maybe think about valet or parking situation. That can be a mess if left unplanned. I would also let neighbors know that you are having a wedding reception to give them a heads up on the amount of traffic they will experience. I'm not sure but you might want to check with the city or county about how parking for events that large are handle to avoid being cited. [/QUOTE]

I totally agree with her! Parking situation must be planned out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

You will probably want to look into bathroom rentals like another Knottie mentioned.  I was having a 100 guest wedding at a family estate originally and was still going to need to rent bathrooms (even though the house had two) which is one of the reasons we opted to make other plans.  The parking situation was going to be too hard to plan out at well.  Those are two things that anyone should plan out when having a wedding at a home.  Good luck! :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Lighting and a dance floor!
    My friend rented bathrooms for her wedding and they were actually very nice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards