California-Los Angeles
Options

How long for marriage certificate to arrive in the mail?

Hi ladies,

I just got married on June 11th and was wondering if any of you know how long it takes for the marriage certificate to arrive in the mail? TIA

Maya
(ISSR Shiloh Shepherd)
wedding websites

Re: How long for marriage certificate to arrive in the mail?

• Options
    Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I waited like 6 weeks and no darn certificate! I called and they told me I was supposed to pick it up. I was so mad because they never told me anything and I needed it for insurance purposes. I just assumed it would come in the mail. So maybe call and ask. HTH, GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok thank you. I called and the machine said it takes about 20 working days to process. It hasn't been 20 working days yet. So I'll call next week and see what the deal is. Which one did you pick it up at? Ours is supposed to be processed in Norwalk.

Maya
    (ISSR Shiloh Shepherd)
    wedding websites
  • Options
    RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I didn't know you were supposed to send in a check when you sent in the license. Ooops!! So we waited like 2 months and then found out we had to go in. I was told we could go anywhere except Beverly Hills. So if Norwalk is the closest place to you, you can probably just go back there.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I only waited 2-3 weeks? And we ordered 2 copies. I'm not sure why. I just filed one away with my papers, like my birth certificate, and my husband has one filed with his papers.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll give them a call tomorrow. It'll be a month today and still no certificate.

Maya
    (ISSR Shiloh Shepherd)
    wedding websites
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards