California-Los Angeles
Options

Already Overwhelmed

I got engaged on Easter and I'm just coming out of the engagement haze and trying to wrap my brain around planning our wedding.  We set the date for September 15, 2012!!!  

I just finished my second year of law school and we (IDEALLY) would like the whole event planned before May so we can focus on the BAR knowing our wedding is completely planned out.  

I bought a planner.  I've plugged in as much info into the Knot.com as possible, but I just don't know where to begin.  The church and reception locations are set....now what?

Re: Already Overwhelmed

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you already have everything budgeted out?  Honestly, you can wait until the end of summer (so you can take some time to enjoy yourself) before planning anything else.  If you really want to get stuff out of your way, look for your vendors.  Photographer, DJ, cake, STD (if you need them).  I would wait until the end of summer to look for dresses since a lot of designers come out with their new line around that time.

Just remember, this will only be as difficult or complicated as you make it.  Just take a deep breath and plan a little at a time.  It won't take you a full year to get everything straighten out (heck, it took me only a couple of months to book all of my vendors and finalize everything).
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imlovingitimlovingit member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The order we booked everything was Venue, coordinator, photographer, videographer, DJ and florists. That was in order of how we considered things important to us. Try to book the vendors that most important to you first so they don't get booked before you get to them.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea, I am April 2012 and I booked the venue first, now I am looking for a florist, next photographer, DJ (I have a family friend who does it so that is taken care of) and then I will do the small stuff like favors and such. Hair and make up is already done. I sorta know a lot of people so I used and pulled a lot of my resources that I had in my "back pocket."  Then I just went out. I knew it was early but I went to check out a few florists just to get ball park ideas, I went to a bridal show... there is a big one in July at the L.A. Convention center.

I decided to make a list and check check check. I also looked at the board A LOT when I first started to see what other people were working on. Check out the board for your wedding month/year and see what those girls are working on now. That will help.

I know how you feel because I felt the same way!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards