California-Los Angeles
Options

Opinions please: Ceremony at Chapel in Memorial Park

Okay, so I'm really curious what everyone thinks about our possible ceremony site. My fiance and I are having a very small wedding with a reception at a restaruant afterward. It was a bit of a chore finding a nice place where we could do a ceremony only on a Friday evening

I really want the ceremony to be nice and I've always thought about being married in a chapel. So I stumbled upon Waverly Chapel in Santa Ana and it is an adorable chapel that will be great for pictures and I honestly love the way it looks. The only thing is it's on the grounds of a memorial park. It's located right through the gate though, so you don't have to really go into the memorial grounds to get to it.

Here is the chapel's website:
http://www.waverleychapel.com/
there is a gallery link to the right with wedding photos.

What do you ladies think? I've been getting pretty mixed reviews, some people think it's perfectly fine (especially after they see pictures), others are a bit put off. But I really fell in love with the chapel. I'm curious to see what other people think though. Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Re: Opinions please: Ceremony at Chapel in Memorial Park

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those pictures are really nice.  I wouldn't mind going to a wedding at a memorial park.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I think the pictures are GREAT - I would do it. 

My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married at a chapel at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills. Some of our friends were totally fine with it, some said, "You're getting married in a cemetery?" *nose wrinkle*. But it was really pretty and really close to our reception location. The day-of, everyone loved it.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Go for it! 

Look at it this way: in the old days churches used to have graveyards on their grounds too.  That didn't stop people from getting married there.   There are some beautiful non-denominational chapels in many memorial parks around LA, you are smart to take advantage of them.

Anyone who would wrinkle their nose over this, you wouldn't want them to be there anyway!

• Options
    cmreyes756cmreyes756 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your support ladies, I'm feeling way more confident about our choice :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

cmreyes if you don't mind me asking how much is it to get married in this chapel? I too and having a very small wedding with a reception at a restaurant after and am looking for a ceremony location. I have talked to the Griffith House Chapel and it will be around $1250 total with the minister so I was wondering if this chapel was less or more expensive than the Griffith House.

• Options
    cmreyes756cmreyes756 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey skyler, I sent you some info in a PM :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards