California-Los Angeles

Jewelry District

hi ladies!

we're still on a hunt for FI's wedding band and were thinking of checking out the Jewelry District downtown on S. Hill street. Has anyone shopped arround there? Are the  prices and selection better than your average mall jewelry store?

tia!

Re: Jewelry District

• edited December 2011
    YES the prices are amazing. We're getting both of our rings there. I was certain my ring (platinum) would be over $1,000, but everyone quoted us $600-$700. (And that's with diamonds, too.) We were at Pershing Square one day, on the way to something, and had about an hour to kill, so we just started looking in the stores around 6th/Broadway. highly recommend it. I mean, like anything else, there's hits and misses. I'll try to find out the name of the place we're going through - they do custom work and they're doing something to match my antique engagement ring.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a huge fan of the Jewelry District. Not only is a large variety of stores and merchandise, but the prices are always better than at retail stores. I wouldn't shop anywhere else!

Good luck! 
  • Genie03Genie03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also big fans of the Jewelry District. We went with Icing on the ring since we heard so many knotties raving about that place and we had a wonderful experiance there.
    HTH
  • edited December 2011
    We worked with Kevin at Kevin's Gems - he and his sister were GREAT!!
    601 South Hill Street Booth A3-A4
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We went to the jewelry district to look for my engagement ring.  The prices are very good.  The markup at the mall is crazy.  We went on a Sunday and most of the stores on Broadway were open.  My fiance bought my engagement ring from Mark Broumand on Broadway. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You guys are making me want to go jewelry shopping!
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Bridalrings.com has a store at the Jewelry Mart, and it's where we bought DH's ring.  Their prices were awesome, they had tons of rings to choose from.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • moslimosli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow! thanks ladies! I was getting a little weary, but now i'm pumped to go down and look this weekend.
    Definitely going to look into the recs.
    knotties are awesome!
  • edited December 2011
    I got my ring at Eli's Jewelry for under 1,000!! I was amazed!!
  • edited December 2011
    The jewelry district is absolutely fantastic, my dad has gotten amazing jewelry for fantastic prices for over 20 years. You'll definitely find what you're looking for for exceptional prices!!
  • edited December 2011

Sue & Sam at 637 S. Hill Street have been our family jewelers for over 10 years.  We didn't get our rings from them but I did get all my wedding day jewelry from them.  They are so nice, not pushy and will work with you on the prices.

• moslimosli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much, Ladies!

We got FI's band in the jewelry district for about 1/2 the cost of what we were quoted from traditional jewelry stores.

yay!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards