California-Los Angeles

New OC/Long Beach knottie :)

Hello :)
My name is Natalie and I'm new to the boards. I'm getting remarried (first time didn't work out, unfortunately) in Oct. 2012, haven't set the exact date because we haven't booked the site yet :) We know we want to get married on the beach and we're looking to get married in the Long Beach area, but we live in OC. My fiance's name is John.

I used The Knot the first time around so I know how wonderful it is to have a place for support as you go through this craziness :)

- Natalie

Re: New OC/Long Beach knottie :)

• edited December 2011
    HEY! Congrats!! I'm originally from Long Beach too! Whereabout? I live in MD now for school but I sure do miss home. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm from the South Bay... (Torrance). I am considering a couple of places in Long Beach... The Reef and La Palapa... just haven't had a chance to go yet. I have a couple of other backup places too :) 
  • edited December 2011
    Nice! La Palapa is nice since its on the beach but I do recommend The Reef. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • delila3451delila3451 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement!! Since I just finished scouting out venues a few weeks back, a couple other places my FI and I checked out were the Long Beach Museum of Art (http://www.lbma.org/events.html) and Hotel Maya (it's actually owned by Double Tree, but has a beautiful, modern look).

Both of these have views of the water :)

• kimbo1781kimbo1781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I second the reef! Or what about the Queen Mary?? I am also local to Long Beach but getting married in LAguna BEach on the beach :) We havent booked a lot of the vendors, but did book a photographer, let me know if you need his info...we got  a great deal!

• edited December 2011

Welcome! I live in downtwon LB! I have brunch at The Reef often. I don't know how they handle weddings, but the restaurant service is great! And it's really gorgeous. No matter what room they've sat me in, I always have a great view of the harbor. I would recommend going for brunch sometime, the food is really good :)

• lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  I got married in Long Beach.  I'm back on the boards now helping my BFF plan her wedding now.  It is a lot of fun to be back. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards