California-Los Angeles

inexpensive hair and makeup

Anyone have any reccommendations for inexpensive but wonderful on-site hair and makeup artists? I want my hair and makeup done and the gals in my bridal party as well. My wedding is in October.

Thanks ladies!!!

Re: inexpensive hair and makeup

• Moira Taylor did everyone's makeup at my wedding. She is awesome and had very good prices.

http://moiractaylor.blogspot.com/
  • mrsryan2012mrsryan2012 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I used Crystal Robinson from Moorpark for makeup. She travels and will stay on site if you need her I believe. She is so sweet and talented. For my makeup, it was 100 and for anyone else it was 65. She also referred a Hairstylist that she works with a lot, Karen Barajas, who I also hired. My hair was 115 and everyone else 65. Both were so wonderful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I used Jessica Scharf, based on another rec from this board.  She is nice and friendly and just great.  She does a free trial, and charges $75 for the bride and $50 for anyone else.  And that includes airbrushing!  Just had my trial last weekend and she was great, listened to what I wanted and did a beautiful job.  And I'm sure she'll do just as lovely a job at the wedding in two months!  FYI, she only takes weekend appointments.  Here's her website:  http://www.Jessicascharfmakeup.com
  • I tried to use Jessica Scharf based on the above comment. I liked that she offered free trials so there was no risk. Jessica did not show up for my appointment, she never called, texted etc. So unprofessional! Obviously I did not book with her. BEWARE!
  • Hello,
    I do makeup for weddings and close to the area if you need me to come by for a trial run. I also work with a great hair stylist that would be able to do your makeup. I have done weddings, photoshoots and red carpet even for VH1 Mob Wife RaMonna Rizzo. Please feel free to contact me for my website, pictures, recomedations with numbers or any questions you might have. You can email me for an immediate response. 
    Thank You
    Chanel Love
    Makeupbychanellove@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards