California-Los Angeles

tree twinkle lights

I have a larage Chinese Elm tree in my back yard and want to cover it wtih twinkle lights.  Any ideas of a company in Los Angeles to do it.  Or should I just rent the guys who trimmed our trees with the huge ladders and have them do it.  Any ideas where to buy lots of twinkle lights -like the little white christmas lights inexpensive. 

Re: tree twinkle lights

• edited February 2012
    I have a larage Chinese Elm tree in my back yard and want to cover it wtih twinkle lights.  Any ideas of a company in Los Angeles to do it.  Or should I just rent the guys who trimmed our trees with the huge ladders and have them do it.  Any ideas where to buy lots of twinkle lights -like the little white christmas lights inexpensive. 
  • When I did my little manzanita branches as decor for my wedding I used save-on-crafts.com for miniature battery-powered lights.  I don't know if by twinkle you mean "moving" lights that litterally twinkle. 

The other thing you can do is simply spray paint regular christmas lights white.  I did this also since my manzanita trees were white, silver and gold.  This is alot easier than you think.  All you have to do is cover the bulbs with painters tape or masking tape, then spray away, one side at a time until you have the desired effect.

If you happen to have miniature white lights that are christmas lights or know people with will part with them. I did do an internet search for you but nothing really compares to the prices at christmas.  I would check with your rental company and see how much they want for set up and clean up versus diying and buying. 

If you don't plan to reuse the x-mas lights the rental might be the way to go, as it will save you the aggrivation of figuring out what to do with them after.
  • Thanks so much for the help!!!!
  • Hi. I have recently bought over 15 boxes of lights at Target. I found them to be cheap in the garden area. I got each box for $1.24 and haven't been able to find them cheaper anywhere. They are just like christmas lights but funny tjing is that not all Target stores have them for that price. 
    good luck
  • would love to buy lights from anyone after your weddin gor split cost? I"m getting married in Oct. in LA
  • Hi, I got married last February and used http://www.rentalcompare.com to search and then rent tables, chairs, a tent, a bar and some lounge furniture. It is a great site as you can search from a variety of vendors, get the best prices and see everything that is available in your area.  I bet they will have lights. It is also good for generating ideas on different looks for your event.  Good luck and have fun!  Sandra
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards