Ohio-Northeast
Options

MOB Dress

Anyone have any suggestions on where to find a dress for the MOB? She doesn't want to look "old" (aka like grandma) but she doesn't want to look like she's headed to the prom. Any shops in the area?
wedding countdown Brittany&Nate 1.9.10 Our Wedding Site Our Planning Bio

Re: MOB Dress

• Options
    michelle1433michelle1433 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Mom found hers at David's Bridal - they have a variety of MOB dresses. Just beware, because they are not the friendliest there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Best friend's mother in law found hers at Catan's.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dillard's at Great Northern, Nordstrom at Beachwood.
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Both my mom and MIL got theirs at department stores. Check out Dillards, Macys, Nordstrom, JC Penney, Sears, etc. The 'special occasion' dept. is what she wants.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lpalladlpallad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FMIL loves Dreams to Reality bridal shop in Medina - she got her MOB dress there for my FSIL's wedding and she already has a MOG dress picked out for our wedding next year :) She says the service is great too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom got her dress at Penneventures (sp?) in Rocky River. Her dress was beautiful.
    BFP #1 8.16.10 m/c at 5w BFP #2 10.21.10 m/c at 5w4d
    BFP #3 2.15.11 EDD 10.27.11. DD born 10.29.11
    Betas @9dpo = 23 Betas @12dpo= 128.5 Betas @17dpo= 1075 Betas @21dpo =5800s
    @6w hb 114 bpm! @8w4d hb 178 bpm! @12w hb 169 bpm! @18w hb 150 bpm!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FMIL and FGMIL bought theirs at the bridal salon, Lavender Bridal. My Mom bought hers at Zeilde's in Belden Village. We also took a trip out to The Winner in Sharon, PA. She found some really nice dresses, but not "the one". However, I did find my cathedral-length veil for $50 and my wedding shoes at Reyers. Good luck!
  • Options
    lpolly12lpolly12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom also got her dress at Peneventures. She loved the experience there :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom bought her dress (actually a skirt and top) at Belle Soiree in Westlake.  The store is located in the same plaza as A Bride's Design off Detroit.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Penneventures in Rocky River is awesome!  My mom found her dress there after having looked at 10 or so other places.  She was so happy to have finally found one.  I think we both cried.  :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards