Ohio-Northeast
Options

Cake Help!

I didn't see this one coming...I can't find a cake place I like to save my life! I just got home from a consultation at my third bakery, and either the cakes are delicious but way out of my price range (we're talking over $1000), or they're cheap, but taste horrible. We're getting married in Gates Mills and having the reception at Fowler's in Chesterland, and a lot of the places I'm finding online are on the other side of Cleveland. Anyone know of anything tasty around here?
wedding countdown Brittany&Nate 1.9.10 Our Wedding Site Our Planning Bio

Re: Cake Help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    http://cmykakes.com/home.html I know Jacqui just made a cake for one of my college classmates at Fowler's Mill.Where in Gates Mills? We got married at St. Francis. I'm from Gates Mills :)
    BFP #1 8.16.10 m/c at 5w BFP #2 10.21.10 m/c at 5w4d
    BFP #3 2.15.11 EDD 10.27.11. DD born 10.29.11
    Betas @9dpo = 23 Betas @12dpo= 128.5 Betas @17dpo= 1075 Betas @21dpo =5800s
    @6w hb 114 bpm! @8w4d hb 178 bpm! @12w hb 169 bpm! @18w hb 150 bpm!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we're getting ours from raised and glazed in bainbridge. its a dount shop/bakery. We were supposed to have our reception at folwers mills but they tried to screw me so i changed... but raised and glazed has really good cake, is realtively inexpensive and they will deliver to Fowlers mill
  • Options
    Jacks_3883Jacks_3883 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love, Love, LOVE, Corbos Bakery in Little Italy. I cannot say enough great things about them.  At least go and have a tasting-I booked them right on the spot. Very affordable too. We're having about 250 people and it's going to be $600. Let me know if you want any more information on them. I can go on and on!
  • Options
    imkaleigh63imkaleigh63 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I absolutely second Corbo's.  Their cassada cake is to die for!  
  • Options
    TBHCJSTBHCJS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i second cmykakes!
  • Options
    alithebull1alithebull1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Cake Loft would have been my second choice place - the place I chose was White Flower Cake Shoppe but they would be one of those over $1000 places - and the Cake Loft services the area that you are talking about.  The place is located East of Cleveland and she makes delicious cake as well.
  • Options
    art4mbgart4mbg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend's mom makes cakes. She did ours and everyone raved about it. Not sure what you're looking for but if you want more info, you can email me at artplease @ aol.com.
  • Options
    alithebull1alithebull1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah that was their second appearance on one of those challenges.  I knew that Mike's Amazing Cakes was going to win from the moment the show started though.  I wonder how they placed?My cousin's mother-in-law has been on too so we are cake challenge watchers in my family.
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Baraona's Bakery (in Bedford, I think) is supposed to have good cake at reasonable prices, but I've personally not tried them. We went with a west side shop because our reception was in Strongsville.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    CLEBride07CLEBride07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Wild Flour in Rocky River goes to the East Side...they went downtown for mine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards