Ohio-Northeast
Options

SANDALS RESORT? HONEYMOON?

IM getting married in september but id rather wait til like december when its so cold i just wish i wasnt there :) to go on my honeymoon. I def want somewhere warm clear beaches an a good time... suggestions? PS what are these sandals resorts? anyone ever been to them?

My Randomly Updated Planning Bio
EVERYTHING FOR SALE- JUST ASK!
Anniversary

Re: SANDALS RESORT? HONEYMOON?

• Options
    jchapman330jchapman330 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FBIL and his wife went the one in Jamaica and they absolutely loved it. The neat thing about the Jamaican resorts is that I guess you can ride a shuttle to the other sandals resorts in Jamaica (I guess there are a few) Free of charge and everything at the other resorts are still free of charge as well.
  • Options
    lpalladlpallad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of FIs friends went to the Sandals at Montego Bay and LOVED it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We looked into the Sandals resorts but found that you could get a lot more bang for your buck with the all-inclusive resorts in Mexico along the Mayan Riviera.  We stayed at the Valentin and loved it, but I've also heard great things about the Secrets, Excellence, and Iberostar resorts. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are honeymooning at Sandals Regency in St. Lucia. I've stayed at the Beaches in Jamaica before (i think its the same company as sandals) and it was awesome.  Sandals was great about booking everything and gave us free upgrades for being on our honeymoon.  They have a shuttle to 2 other sandals resorts on St. Lucia too.  The more I look into the resort the more excited I get to go! Too bad I still have 6mths to wait!
  • Options
    KKleeseKKleese member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to Sandals Negril and it was amazing! I loved everything about it! (one day I will get around to posting a good review with pictures)  but Negril was very beautiful.  We really like that there was less than 300 rooms and it never seemed crowded.  The beach was really long and shallow too which was pretty cool cause it meant that its a really short walk from any room.  Great food!  5 resturants that were all very good and watersports and snorkling were included!  The snorkling in Jamaica was beautiful!  We really loved everything about it and would go back in a heart beat!  BTW they are always running sales on their website but if you catch a 65% off Negril one book it because its one of the more popular resorts and the discount doesn't get that high very often.  Oh and I would definitely do the concierge rooms to get the room service and alcohol in room.  We ate room service for breakfast and lunch pretty much everyday then just dressed to go to dinner.  It was nice to have that option on our honeymoon when we wanted to spend more time in the room if ya know what I mean!  I think we stayed in the Sundowner and got 7 nights for around $3500 which I didn't think was bad at all for everything we got and the flight from Pittsburgh for us was under $300 each.  Oh and if you go to Negril you have to check out Rick's Cafe and see the locals cliff dive, it is really cool and my hubby actually did it too!
    Krissy and Craig
    Mr. & Mrs. as of May 23, 2009
    Parents to Baby Jack as of March 4, 2010
    and Bobbi Claire June 7, 2012
  • Options
    raeg13raeg13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We honeymooned at the Sandals Regency in St. Lucia and absolutely LOVED it!!  We never had to leave the resort and we had a blast with the islanders who worked there.  I highly recommend!
  • Options
    jlukcojlukco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we get married in october but are honeymooning in december...we are both teachers and don't want to leave during the middle of the school year. so we are going over xmas break. we are going to sandals antigua. if you are intersted in sandals and want a TA go with Jennifer from VIP vacations....she is extremely helpful!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards