Ohio-Northeast
Options

Need suggestions - (posted on reception board too)

I wanted to sing a song for FI@ our reception, but don't have a clue as to what to sing for him.  He loves when I sing and its rare when I do, so I thouhgt I'd surprise him. I do have a very nice voice - not to be overly boastful but I spent 8 years training at the Eastman School of Music earning my masters degrees in vocal performance and music education.  I'm going to have a 5 piece live orchestra for my ceremony music, and for cocktail /dinner hour music.  It will include a violin, viola, cello, piano and trumpter.  (I've played trupet for 20 years.... and a good friend of mine, Mr. Joey Pero for those of you who are in tune with the jazz music world, I couldn't imagine my wedding without a live trumpet player)  anyway... have any of you had an orchestra or are having one @ your recpetion or ceremony with a singer singing a song for your FI?  If so, what are you hang them sing?  What are your suggestions?  Thanks for your help ladies.... I'm stumped!

Re: Need suggestions - (posted on reception board too)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am singing at my ceremony with my family in 4-part harmony. We are singing The River by Garth Brooks. Other songs I have heard sung by a soloist at a wedding are You Raise Me Up (Josh Groban), The Rose, First TIme I Saw You Face (Roberta Flack), and Bless the Broken Road. Hope that gives you some ideas.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh oh oh...Maybe I'm Amazed--I think a few different people do it but I love the Jem version and it is her and a piano--my favorite type of song...very little embelishment, focus is voice and piano. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My brother in law sang to my sister at the ceremony.  He chose Bless the Broken Road, by Rascal Flatts
  • Options
    adnapidnaadnapidna member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "The Way I am" by Ingrid Michaelson.
  • Options
    imkaleigh63imkaleigh63 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm kinda "old school".....I LOVE "Someone to Watch Over Me."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board