California-Los Angeles

COORDINATOR Madness!

Hi Knotters,

Looking for a GREAT yet affordable ($1k??!) "Day Of" coordinator for my August wedding. Have heard horror stories from friends - and I don't see many links to coordinators through this site.  Can anyone help??  Advice? Suggestions?  All is welcome!

:)

Re: COORDINATOR Madness!

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So So Fab Events (<-- clicky)
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thank YOU!! :)
  • We used Alexandra Rembac at Sterling Engagements.  http://www.sterlingengagements.com/services-weddings.html  

She is AMAZING.  I'm not sure what her current pricing is for DOC but I think she isn't much more than your budget.  It would be worth contacting her!  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Love is friendship on fire!
    2012 Reading Challenge
    Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 52 books.
    hide
  • Hi there! I've never posted on this board although I've lurked a bit. I came here tonight to ask about coordinators and saw this post. I have spoken with two coordinators so far, just on the phone, and one is Alex whom the PP referred! A coworker referred her and he said she was great! My biggest concern, actually, is cost. Both were more than I expected (around 2k) and I'm wondering if that's normal or high? Any feedback is appreciated!
    ~Michelle
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_coordinator-madness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:68Discussion:d791a2eb-5cf6-473d-bacf-2a02ede94a83Post:9c3f175d-922a-43a0-a74b-169db1aeab43">Re: COORDINATOR Madness!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi there! I've never posted on this board although I've lurked a bit. I came here tonight to ask about coordinators and saw this post. I have spoken with two coordinators so far, just on the phone, and one is Alex whom the PP referred! A coworker referred her and he said she was great! My biggest concern, actually, is cost. Both were more than I expected (around 2k) and I'm wondering if that's normal or high? Any feedback is appreciated!
    Posted by miichlmc[/QUOTE]

<div>Did she quote you 2k for Day of Coordination?  Or partial planning.  Alex is AMAZING and worth every penny.   The rule of thumb that I have always heard is that event coordinators usually run about 10 % of your total wedding budget.  Hope that helps!  </div><div>
    </div><div>(Also, things are definitely more expensive here in SoCal than in other parts of America.)  </div><div>
    </div><div>Alex really is amazing.  She kept everything in our budget and found ways to get us pretty much exactly what we wanted and she is SO sweet and fun on top of it.  I highly recommend her.  </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Love is friendship on fire!
    2012 Reading Challenge
    Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 52 books.
    hide
  • I used Gayle with A Sparkeling Event by Gayle. She was fabulous! I don't know what I would have done without her.

http://www.asparklingeventbygayle.com/services.html

Her reviews on WW

http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/sparkling-event-by-gayle/0b63337339d610a5.html

• Thanks ladies!  I just got in touch w/ Alexandra and am hoping she can do something "day of" for me in my budget.

Here are a few others I have come across in my research who are under $2k:

Jackie Murphy 
    Marisa Nichole
    Hustle & Bustle
    Exquisite Events

Good luck!!
  • Check out Goin' 2 the Chapel events.  They've been based out of San Diego for the last couple years, and now they've expanded to LA but their prices are still in the SD range.  "Day of" starts at $500.  I used them for full planning and it's not much more than you guys have budgeted for your day of. 

www.Goin2theChapelevents.com

Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards