• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
California-Los Angeles

Vendor Reviews

We had some AWESOME vendors so I thought I would share!

Photographers:
Anika London - Josh and Ariel are married, work awesome together and take AMAZING pictures!! They're based out of San Diego (although they don't charge a travel fee to LA) and were so easy to communicate with via e-mail and work with on our wedding day. Plus, their pricing is pretty reasonable compared to a lot of other photographers I received quotes from.

DJ:
Feet First Entertainment - they may not have the fanciest website but DJ Anthony from Feet First was an absolute pleasure to work with. He drove to where we live to meet with us several times, was very easy to get in touch with, and was an all-around nice guy. Plus, he did a FANTASTIC job at our wedding. We received so many compliments about how great the music was. My husband and I didn't have too many requests so he just read the crowd, saw what everyone was having fun dancing to and kept the party going right until the end. Plus, he really helped keep us on track during the reception - letting us know what was coming up next, pushing things back a few minutes if necessary, etc. Other DJ's I met with were way overpriced and sort of weird but Anthony was so personable and helpful right from the start.

Venue:
California Yacht Club (Marina Del Rey) - we loved the venue and felt very lucky to have found it. Private yacht club right on the water, but they let the public host events there. Budget-wise, it was a lot more cost effective than other places we were originally researching that weren't any place close to the water! They have a pretty grassy lawn overlooking the marina and then a reception room with 180 degree floor to ceiling windows. Tons of food options to choose from (and it was good!), a pretty patio for cocktail hour, and you can choose to have your cake included in the cost (you get to choose from Hansen's Bakery or Mayer's Bakery).

Mayer's Bakery (Palos Verdes):
We selected Mayer's bakery because they were a smaller, family run business that didn't have the pretentiousness of Hansen's (in Beverly Hills) and their cake was DELICIOUS! I'm not sure how much exactly a cake from them costs since it was included in our package but I can tell you that upgrades were very reasonable (think fresh fruit and whipped cream filling) plus they did the "betty crocker" messy frosting look for me without charging any extra money (Hansen's told me it would be a $500 upgrade...ridiculous, right? Especially when all of these elaborate piping designs were included in our options...I don't get it...). Anyway, everyone LOVED the cake. My husband even managed to have 2 pieces that night...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards