California-Los Angeles

Opinions please

So we decided on cake...we scrapped the cupcake idea (though I feel a bit guilty cux FI REALLY wanted themFrown)

I want opinions on something though...the bottom layer will be a mad hatter hat just like the pic below...

and the mushrooms will be  there with a Catepillars and the vent cards etc...I want the 2nd layer to be like this...
JUST the cheshire Cat. EXACTLY like the pic and the hearts on the side...

ok 1st layer will be  like this BUT....

I think it looks to bland..the rest of the cake has so much color going on and the top just ivory...what color should we change it?Undecided We really like the hearts the eat me cookie on top OH and the white rabbit on the 2nd  pic will be the topper on this layer. 

Instead of ivory what color? Black red? leave it? But we also don't want to loose the heart decorations....

What do you ladies think?

Re: Opinions please

• edited December 2011
    I think your cake is going to be awesome!!!!  I kind of wish I had a fun cake too Laughing.  Anyway what if you kept most of them ivory but had your baker make some black and red?  I think it would look nice cause you have the half black, half red heart on the front I think if you just did a few in each color it would liven it up a bit.  That's just what I would do but I honestly think whatever you decide will look amazing!
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE IT!!! I can't wait to see how it will turn out... From the way you described I don't think it will blend instead pop out because it's a lighter color.. but if you want to change something I agree with Kikikatie9 if you just had the cake maker paint the hearts on the 1st layer black and red...?
    they're not mistakes, just learning opportunities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • geal3456geal3456 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Instead of ivory I'd do white and then put some balck and red hearts, but either way your cake is coming out great, but a little sad like FI that your not doing cupckaes because the ones you found were so amazing and then with the hat on top like you said oh, i loved it.
  • imlovingitimlovingit member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe change it to a dark purple or a red?
  • lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the crown on the big heart should be gold and all the little hearts should be red.  Your cake is going ot look great and BTW, I think that cake place should be able to do it no problem.  It is mostly just cut outs, which is time consuming but not  that tricky.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow. Your cake is going to be FANTABULOUS! I like the idea other girls have stated of having the hearts be black and red. The only thing i would do is a checkered pattern with the red and black hearts. Overall can't wait to see what you come up with.
    Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies for all your help! I also can't wait to see how it all turns out Laughing
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow your cake is going to be so cool! I think it will look fine how it is...but if you really want to change it to a color, it should be like a purple...maybe lavender so that the hears can stand out. But i like it how it is...GL ahhh I can't wait to see it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards