California-Los Angeles
Options

When to have a beach wedding

We are planning a beach wedding for next year. I am trying to decide between the Santa Barbara area or Long Beach in either August, Sept., or Oct. I have only lived in Southern Californa for about a year so I wanted your opinion on when you think the weather would be the most cooperative for both locations. I know in the fall the beach can be very windy. Thanks for any input you may have.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: When to have a beach wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    bear in mind any time of year a beach wedding in SoCal will be windy in the evening leading up to sunset, (sundowner winds).

Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    julybm08julybm08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married on Long Beach in September on Labor Day weekend a couple years ago.  It was perfect.  It was a little windy but very nice.  It wasn't too hot or too chilly in the evening. 

One of our friends just got married on the beach in June and it was very chilly in the evening.  
  • Options
    PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    September is the warmest month in Southern California, so that's what I would go with.
  • Options
    MellyMel88MellyMel88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  I'm going to look at a venue in Long Beach tomorrow. However, I looked at Happy Trails Catering in Pasadena today and I really think that's the place! We'll see how I feel after I look at the place in Long Beach. Who knew a giant, light covered tree in a beautiful garden could make me change my mind in an instance about a beach wedding!?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards