California-Los Angeles
Options

engagement photos suggestions?

I am not sold on the engagement photos idea, because I don't want to spend the extra money. 
I am not getting married til May, can anyone reccomend a beginning photographer who is starting out (like a college student) or an affordable one that would like to practice on us?

Re: engagement photos suggestions?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well Laura isn't a college student but she takes amazing photographs and her prices are really really good - for now :-)
    She is also a former LA Knottie too.  She took picture of my family twice and took pictures of a lot of us (LA Knotties) when we did a bowling GTG.
    http://www.lauralaingphotography.com/

Oh and I really really think that no matter what photographer you select you should do some engagement pictures. It is so worth the extra money - you will love the pictures and you can use them in so many ways for your wedding as well.
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you selected your wedding photographer yet?  Perhaps you'll want to get them done with that person so you can get used to their style etc. since you'll be spending a lot of time with them on your wedding day and you want to be comfortable...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Curly girl...good point!

If you are planning to have a photographer for your wedding then maybe thats where to start...

BUT maybe its something NOT in your budget or whatever the case may be...

Laura is a GREAT! I Love her work and is totally a person you want to be around! She did an amazing job on the bowling GTG!

I myself was hesitant on having a e-session as well but at the end we decided and I'm very happy with all the choices we made. Nataly Lemus is our photographer and we had an awesome time doing a night shoot with her and plus it gave us time to get to know them and them to know us ! We clicked!

And if you still think its too much $...you may have to go your local community college and scout for student photographers or craigslist....

GL in your search!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know a great girl who's beginning and is a college student. She's home for the summer and is in love with photography and wants more experience with shooting engagement/wedding photos.

Her name is Marcie and her email is mgiovannoni@gmail.com
    I'm sure she'd love to take your guys' pictures!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    selkophotography.com

Kenny Selko- he's reasonably priced and flexible
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards