California-Los Angeles

Cake Serving Set...

A simple task you would think...right?

I was hoping to get an Alice in Wonderland but with NO LUCK Cry

So maybe burgundy with some crystals....maybe I'm over thinking it...

I'm trying to avoid "Things remembered" too expensive!

Where do you think I could find a set and what price range should I be looking at?

TIA!

Re: Cake Serving Set...

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's nice and a fantastic price!
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Sometimes they have them at Home Goods
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

Found this online, but couldn't find where they sell it. Frown

http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/wonderland-cutlery

The other idea you could do is buy alice and wonderland charms and add them to your set if you buy a different set

• Genie03Genie03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried the disney store or going online. Also the downtown disney store is huge. Maybe you can find something there.
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't sweat it honestly.  I thought about getting the waterford set to match our toasting flutes, and then decided that for a fraction of the price I could just get a serving set that would match our silverware and have it engraved.

Then reality hit: the day of the wedding was so busy the serving set was left home.  The Odyssey provided one, and that was that.

Now that I think about it, it was a waste of money: All show and no substance. There are some details that take care of themselves you don't have to sweat about everything.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Tillea- we got a Lenox set to match our china pattern. We used them at the wedding, but I really have no memory of what they looked like! They made no impact at all. I only know we did use them because I gave them to my DOC and she returned them, packed differently!

But really, on the day of the wedding, that was the last thing I was thinking about. When cutting the cake, I was worrying about cutting it correctly and eating cake without looking silly, and posing for pictures. And we haven't gotten all our pro pics back yet, so maybe there was a really awesome one of our cake cutting set, but I doubt it...because a cake set is a cake set! Not that exciting.

So yeah, get a cheap one (or even better, just use the one at your venue!), and use that money for something else!
  • edited December 2011
    I think that every bride chooses to spend their money on items which are important to them for the wedding.  We didn't break the bank on flowers, a limo, or even booze like some people do.  It was OUR personal preference because those things weren't important to us.

We wanted an amazing cake, and my mother gave us our waterford cake serving set engraved as an engagement gift - and it was an exciting gift to me.  It looked gorgeous all set up on the table.  We just celebrated our first anniversary (with cake, of course), and we used the set.  I've already used it a couple other times too.  To me, it wasn't a waste of money.  They look gorgeous in my china hutch set up with our toasting flutes (also Waterford).  I have collected waterford crystal since I started college and I now have an exquisite collection.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I dont think you should worry so much about these details. I know you want everything to be PEREFCT =D we all do... BUT, if you dont happen to find an "Alice in Wonderland" one, a burgandy one will do the job =D
    I purchased mine through THE KNOT's web site as well as the Toasting Flutes.
    You are so close to be worrying about the little things.Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards