California-Los Angeles

Vendor VENT - Men's Wearhouse

We now call it "Men's Hellhouse." 

If I go into every thing that they've done wrong, I'll pull all my hair out.  We're four days away from the wedding and my groom still has no tux.  My father and grandfather went in today to pick theirs up and they were the wrong sizes.  The manager at the store in Northridge could not possibly care any less about our situation, and he's a lazy, lazy freak who doesn't like us now because we called Corporate to complain about the service we were getting from their store.

Everything from the moment we stepped in has gone wrong, but because we have a groomsman all the way out in Vermont, we thought it would be best if we went with a national chain so he could get fitted over there.

Never, ever, ever again.  There's nothing they can do at this point to make it right.  I will never purchase so much as a sock from this establishment, and I need to make sure everyone I ever meet knows we had a horrendous experience.

In the mean time, MY GROOM HAS NO FREAKIN' TUX!!!!!!!!

*breathe*

/vent

Re: Vendor VENT - Men's Wearhouse

• edited December 2011
    I just talked to another L.A. Knottie (meghanerhart December 2009) who said her husband was in a wedding last year and had the same problems.  I wish I'd done my homework!  I just listened to the commercials and the guy was all "you're gonna like the way you look, I guarantee it."  and I believed!  I believed!  Gaaah!
  • edited December 2011
    Did you already pay for these Tuxes?  If you paid for them on a credit card you have recourse through your bank because they failed to deliver on their product.

Definately reem them out on Projectwedding.com. 

Since your groom has no tux, I would go over to the Northridge Friar Tux and tell them exactly what happened to you.  Maybe they can pull some strings and get him outfitted on short notice.  We were just in there today, getting my dad fitted for his tux--the guy was really nice and helpful. 
  • Mellie35Mellie35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you are going through all of this. I also went with them because everyone was in three different states and I thought it would be easiest. I will be prepared to go into Bridezilla mode next month if they try and mess with us. It's a different store, so I will keep my fingers crossed.
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry about this.  What are you going to do about a tux for your FI?  Is corporate going to do anything about this?

I have unfortunately heard some terrible things about MW (or in your case MH).  They apparently mess up the sizes all the time but this is the first I have heard of them not having enough tuxes after an order has been placed.  Unfortunately they are such a large chain that they have a monopoly on the tuxes especially if you have people needing them from different states.

I really hope everything works out.  If worse comes to worse, does FI have a black suit?
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    FI has gained a lot of weight so no, he doesnt have a black suit.  He has a pair of black dickies and a suit jacket that he wears in a pinch.  We're going to get MW to fix this, but it's not the kind of aggravation anybody needs the week of their wedding.  Everything else has fallen into place.  I had things planned for this week that didn't include multiple trips to Northridge.  And FI is trying to work!

there are two groomsmen coming in from out of town and picking up at the last minute.  I swear if there is something wrong with their tuxes somebody will end up in the hospital!  And it'll likely be FI from a heart attack!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm really sorry this is happening at the last minute! FI wants to go to Mens Wearhouse. I'll have to share with him this horror story!!!

I really hope they their stuff together and at the end everyone has there tux!

• geal3456geal3456 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sorry hope everything works itself out.
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sorry to hear that, my dh's tux was a little big as well. They suck!
  • edited December 2011
    Sooo sorry.  When FI was in his cousin's wedding last year his tux was way big on him too.  FI also wants to use them for our wedding too - I will have to share this with him. 
    I hope everything gets worked out and SOON!
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I would second going to Friar tux.   Explain what happened.   They were awesome for us.   They can probably get your FI a tux, even if it is only 4 days away.   They are a local chain, and should have his size somewhere in so-cal... :)

My husband picked his there only a few weeks before the wedding, and everything went great!

And if you have paid, but did put it on a credit card....you definitly have recourse to get the money back.  Even if you didn't, I am sure eventually you can get it back from corporate.

You shouldn't have to be worrying about this right now, which is why I would recommend just switching rental companies.

Good luck - fingers crossed for you.

• edited December 2011
    If you need to, call Robert at the store at the Simi Mall.  He was flippin' amazing.  When my groom went to get his measurements done, he actually left the store to hand deliver an item that someone needed in a different size.  The guy totally went above and beyond for us, and all the guys looked great.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We did go to Simi, which is closer to our house and you're right, they're very nice...but they have no tailor, so we can't go there for fittings.  The closest tailor is in northridge.

So FI went yesterday and all of the pieces are together and they all will be tailored to fit.  We talked to corporate about our problems and they have approved a discount so that he doesn't have to pay for ANYTHING - not the tie, suspenders, vest rental, tailoring or the tux.  The store manager refused to honor corporate's discount, so corporate said to pay the store and they'll reimburse us. 

This is seriously the wrong way to run a business.  FI wanted to tell them, "Don't you know that my fiance is on theknot.com and talks to a lot of other brides??"

But we don't think they would have cared!
  • edited December 2011
    well glad you things to work out at the end...but all this dram before!!! CRAZY!!!!

The manager was an idiot! OH! I said to Fi last night come here...this is VERY IMPORTANT...you have to read it NO NOT me tell you about it and you have to read it! So he sat and read this WHOLE post and said "I guess I'm not going to Men's Wearhouse" and started naming other places. 

So Thanks Phiaska! It will save us a headache at the end :) I think your FI should of told him...cux it's the truth...but you are right he would of never cared...JERK!
  • edited December 2011
    I am very releived to hear things worked out.  It's crazy that people in this enconomy are out there who don't care about the people they are serving.  That manager obviously shouldn't be working there, but one thing I have learned is karma is a bitch and now that your FIs has his tux, that MW manager will probably be getting less than that really soon.

Good luck with our wedding! I hope everything is as you wanted it!
  • edited December 2011
    I have nothing nice to say about MW either.  They really screwed me up when I went to buy a tux for a friend's wedding.  I wasn't even renting it!  So.. I went to a rental place, I purchased a tux, and never set foot in that place.

I also left "George" a nasty message.  I got a call from their reps about 2 weeks later asking how they could make it right.  I said... 2 weeks later?  Why bother now?  The wedding was two weeks ago!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards