California-Los Angeles
Options

Having my first wedding frustration!

We've had to change wedding locations (initially had a Maui trip planned) and are now looking at So Cal. We're open to pretty much anywhere we can have a beach ceremony but I cannot for the life of me find a reception venue for around 30 people at about $50 a person that has a bar. I've seen some ladies find a venue then get a caterer and I'm definitely open to that...would love something with a view. Santa Barbara is my first choice (Oxnard, Ventura ok) and San Diego as backup. CAN ANYONE HELP? I'm getting frustrated :(

Re: Having my first wedding frustration!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ventura has the "Yellow umbrella" area by the pier, but it is seasonal.  Maybe if you go into Eric Ericson's they may have the owner's name and # and you could contact them. I have seen a few wedding there passing by on the freeway.  How about Madalay Bay in Oxnard? Not sure of the price though.  Or Carpinteria?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard that the Rincon Beach Club in Carpinteria is a nice venue.  I've never been, but I've heard good things about it.  http://www.rinconcatering.com/html/rinCat/wed.asp
    Learning to live and work from home: My blog
  • Options
    redpassportredpassport member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HI, visiting from The Bump/Nest...

Elings park in Santa Barbara is  beyond stunning and allows any outside, insured caterer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that's a tall order if you want it to include bar.  If we had open bar all night for our guests, that alone would have been $60 per person.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards