California-Los Angeles
Options

New to this Board

Hi ladies!

I'm planning for a destination wedding in Cali from Hawaii and so far I am so lost. I have my heart set on the Villa Del Sol D'oro but haven't found a date that would accomodate both this location and my makeup/hair person. Are there any other villa or private estates that any of you ladies could recommend?

The wedding will be very intimate. I can't see the guest list going past 20 so that's why I don't feel that a hotel would quite fit in with the cozy factor.

TIA!

Re: New to this Board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How big is your wedding going to be? There are a lot of great places around depending on size. One of them is the San Juan Capistrano Mission. its GORGEOUS! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic "Do not seek the because; in love there is no because, no reason, no explanation, no solutions."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you need it to be the beach? Mountains? Doesn't matter? Would you prefer close to the airport? I'm not sure how far you want your guests to have to drive if they're all flying in?

There are some really gorgeous restaurants, especially downtown, that do great weddings. If your budget isn't too tiny, check out Cafe Pinot. It's a beautiful restaurant that's attached to the central library downtown. They do ceremonies in the garden. 
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    BeeBee22BeeBee22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just a tip: don't say "Cali". It pisses off real Californians (it's like saying Frisco in San Francisco ...very bad).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards