California-Los Angeles

Alterations in the valley

A few of you recommended someone in the SFV for alterations. I just about fainted when the lady quoted me $300 here in Ventura.  Hem, bustle, sewn in bra cups and the back taken in.  I friggin hate being petite.  Nothing ever fits right.

I'm going to David's where I bought my dress next week for a quote. Hopefully it'll be less.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Alterations in the valley

• edited December 2011
    I've heard DB can be horrible for alterations...

A lot of knotties swear by Reene of In Stitches.  Sorry, but I don't have her info.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • czarinamaeczarinamae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning on going to Renee for my alterations.  Her # is (818) 222-4434.  Found it on Yelp.
    Photobucket
    Sep 2011 Siggy Challenge: Flower Inspiration
    Planning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Reene and my alterations were $360 for hem, 8 point bustle, bodice taken in (with several layers of boning), cups sewn in, and she made me a cathedral length drop veil.  Oh, and I only needed one fitting because it was perfect by the second fitting.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • echavez311echavez311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just went for my first fitting wtih Renee yesterday, dropped off my dress and will await til my 2nd fitting.  She seems to know what she's doing and we're changing my dress a lil...cutting the train from a cathedral length to chapel length. Her pricing is still way under.  Btw, the minute she saw my dress she knew who the designer was, that says a lot about a seamstress.  I felt at ease with her.

I've heard the same about DB.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards